What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stringer goes where?

Paul B

I am not sure where the F-786C stringers go in the tail cone area. Do they go inside the F-779 tail bottom skin or between the F-779 and the F-773 aft side skins? I have clecoed this area together both ways and either way looks ugly to me. I have looked at the drawings and read the instructions and still can?t see it. No doubt this was obvious to most of you and it would not surprise me if there is a drawing that shows this very clearly (it won?t be the first time I missed something). Any help appreciated!

Just did mine. They go inside both layers of skins. Don't remember which drawing, but I saw pics on a number of build sites.

Chris

Since you are building a -9 and not a -9A, make sure you get the tailwheel bracket powder coated (or painted) and installed before adding all the stringers. If you rivet up that tail section without the bracket installed, you will find yourself drilling it apart to install it.

Back