What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jet Glo whites? Which one?

RickWoodall

Well Known Member
Hey all, this is directed at those that have painted with Sherwin Williams Jet glo and used white.

What white did you go with and do you have a pic?

They have about 6 whites and while all look nice, with the tiny swatch, seems that there are grays and creme tones in many. I am looking for a really nice pure white that black and silver metallic will go with and figure a pirep would be great. Painter suggested mattehorn white, I think marathon or snow white would look better with the titanium and black velvet metallic. Any suggestions welcome. Its like ordering your wifes wedding dress online...dont want it to show up and go ....ummmm....:D

I'm using Matterhorn White CM0570535 as my base color, Phantom Gray 10683 as the contrast color, with SIlver 10670 and Seminole Red 10630 for stripes.

I'm just waiting for warm weather to finish the fiberglass and get everything painted.

YEP!

I think you will find Matterhorn White is by far the most common. Mine has been painted since 1993 and still looks great.

Matterhorn White...and I seem to remember that there is a Krylon color to match it almost exactly (should your wheel pants - for instance - need touching up at some point....). ;)

Ok,

Thanks. That is what my painter said...but the wife wasnt sold on the swatch. Ok, will listen to painter, not wife...either way its going to cost me :eek:

Matterhorn. It has just a touch of blue in it. If you want an even cleaner white, Ford Performance White, code W, can be color matched in any paint system. That's what I did last project. You can put any other color on without conflict.

John Siebold

Matterhorn White...and I seem to remember that there is a Krylon color to match it almost exactly (should your wheel pants - for instance - need touching up at some point....). ;)

Mine is Matterhorn white. And I would LOVE to know the Krylon color to match it. Anybody got a part number?

Back