What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bombardier Engine

skelrad

Well Known Member
Friend
Anybody know much about the Bombardier V220 engine? I remember hearing about it a few years back, but haven't seen much about it recently. The website gives some information, but just curious if anyone's talked to any reps about the engine. Seems like it could be a nice little engine, except for the fact it sounds like it's a bit heavy for most RV's. Any thoughts?

I don't think it will be available to the experimental community for a while. Bombardier is going after the OEM market.

I while back Bombardier busted up the part of the campany that made the recreational stuff. I believe the snowmobiles and jet skis went back to the original Canadian family. The Bombardier engine is now being supported in the States by AES.

http://www.vaircraftengines.com/home.asp

They were at Oshkosh last year. I stopped by and talked to them. I got the impression they just bought an engine and are trying to figure out what to do with it. I believe Van was talking to Bombardier a while back about that engine in the RV10, but I it never really was going to work out. Too heavy and expensive. Without the money of a big company behind it, it's probably dead.

its dead

I am here in Titusville where they had there hanger and they closed the doors last week. Some of their employees are working here now and the facility is now just supporting the LSA rotax market.

Back