What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seat Height

lr172

Well Known Member
I am playing around with panel layout (Rain kept me from canopy top work:mad:). However, I won't have my finishing kit for another month or so. Therefore, I have no real way to gauge seat height. Can someone give me an approximate height of the seat cushion top from the seat base? By base, I mean the rectangular .063 panel with all of the lightning holes in it.

Thanks so much.

Larry

I?ll try to remember to measure it tomorrow when I?m at the airport. I?m sure you know that the seat gets lower as it moves aft. I?ll measure it full forward.

It depends

You'll come to relish those times when you can't work on the cabin top or doors, but do something else instead :)

That seat height is a fuzzy measurement. It'll depend on how much you squash the seat. The top of the seat cushion is also not "flat" and not parallel to the floor. Here's a couple of pictures that might help:

seat_height1.jpg

seat_height2.jpg

Last edited:
You'll come to relish those times when you can't work on the cabin top or doors, but do something else instead :)

That seat height is a fuzzy measurement. It'll depend on how much you squash the seat. The top of the seat cushion is also not "flat" and not parallel to the floor. Here's a couple of pictures that might help:

seat_height1.jpg

seat_height2.jpg

Thanks for posting this. So, it looks like the back of my butt would be about 5" above the base plate

Thanks for posting this. So, it looks like the back of my butt would be about 5" above the base plate

The front of my uncompressed seats looks the same, about 6 1/2? above the metal. The low point, about 5? in front of the aft edge of the seat, looks closer to 4?, uncompressed.

Back