What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What am I missing?

ShortSnorter

Well Known Member
It's been a long day pounding rivets, so that's my excuse if this is obvious. What is the difference between:

Step 3 page 26-14 &
Step 3 page 26-21

It seems that all of the seat ribs have been riveted on page 26-14 with the exceptions of the "Do Not Rivet" which applies to the remainder of the section.

2cwvcdd.jpg

2wd7e6a.jpg

Ryan,
I was at the same point last week. I inspected all the rivets for the seat ribs, minus omissions, and signed off step 3 on 26-21. In retrospect, I should have replaced the *#&,% pop rivets on page 26-20 with 470?s. 60% of the mandrels broke off long. I?ll probably replace them.

Jeffrey Turner

Ryan,
I was at the same point last week. I inspected all the rivets for the seat ribs, minus omissions, and signed off step 3 on 26-21. In retrospect, I should have replaced the *#&,% pop rivets on page 26-20 with 470?s. 60% of the mandrels broke off long. I?ll probably replace them.

Jeffrey Turner

I ended up calling Van's and they said step 3 on page 26-21 was an oversight since we had already riveted the seat ribs in a few pages prior.

Ryan,

Thank you for the clarification. I learned at OSH this year that there is an adjustment screw in the back of the head of the manual rivet puller. A proper adjustment will prevent premature mandrel breakage. Who knew?
JT

Back