What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fluting 1006,7,8 Bulkheads

eison

Let me preface by saying I have read almost every post on fluting, but I can't seem to get my head around my current issue.

The bulkheads are giving me fits. The instructions say flute if necessary and I know that means get the holes to line up. When looking at the bulkheads, the outside edge with the flanges is pulled up off of straight. It seems to me that if I flute the flanges, it will simply pull up the outside edge of the donut more.

In my mind, I really need to flute the inside edge of the bulkhead to use more material to go the shorter distance, but there isn't a flange there to flute. Am I supposed to flute the "body" of the bulkhead? There is a small lip also, but I don't know about fluting that.

I have already sacrificed one part to the just try and make it work methodology, so now I am asking for some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Eric Ison
RV 10

Hey Eric,

If you can provide some photos, that would help. I'm at the same step and want to make sure I get it correct.

That question has been on my mind too. :D

Phil,

I took a few photo's and will try and attach tomorrow. I had a -9 builder come by and take a look. He suggested that I leave the parts be and see how things fit together before doing anything more.

Eric

Back