VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV-14 (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Show us your RV-14 panel (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=139728)

LR60 12-04-2021 11:55 AM

RV14 Panel

1 Attachment(s)
Finally getting around to posting some pics of my completed RV14.

FuturPilot 12-06-2021 09:55 AM

KISS

Love it!
KISS principle at work.
However, the avionics package you have is 10 times more capable than anything I have flown.
I'm planning very similar.

spstout 12-06-2021 10:03 AM

Beautiful. I am still a couple of years away from panel planning, but this looks very similar to what I want.

gotyoke 12-06-2021 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LR60 (Post 1572993)
Finally getting around to posting some pics of my completed RV14.

This is pretty darn close to what I was envisioning. Thanks for posting!

What is that thing to the left of your flaps switch? And what's the use case with the NAV/COM BNC connectors on the panel?

BOHICA 12-06-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeakers (Post 1570944)
How did you all choose the switches you decided to use? The feel and positive click on switches like these has to be really important. Do the various vendors bring samples to Sun&Fun or Oshkosh?

For me, on top of what you asked. You have to watch the space between a G3X and the bottom support bracket of panel will limit you on your switch height. Already prevented me from using the switches I wanted.

acpilot 12-06-2021 11:44 AM

LR60

I love it.

I will doing something very similar to begin with, and then maybe add a second display in the future. I really like what looks like the Master Warning and Caution Lights. I have not seen this before and curious what systems they associated with.

Tiger28760 12-06-2021 05:32 PM

Mark,
Great panel.
I’m at the stage of planning the panel and wiring the G3’s avionics.
I’m also using duel pMags. Question: what source did you use to determine how to wire the Test function for the pMags?

Thanks,
Jeff

LR60 12-07-2021 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotyoke (Post 1573421)
This is pretty darn close to what I was envisioning. Thanks for posting!

What is that thing to the left of your flaps switch? And what's the use case with the NAV/COM BNC connectors on the panel?

TO/GA switch

During construction I went ahead and mounted a VOR antenna in the wing tip and a 2nd com antenna for the eventual upgrade to a GTN. So I just ended the coax in the panel and can quickly connect to a handheld unit if needed for now.

LR60 12-07-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acpilot (Post 1573447)
LR60

I love it.

I will doing something very similar to begin with, and then maybe add a second display in the future. I really like what looks like the Master Warning and Caution Lights. I have not seen this before and curious what systems they associated with.

Thank you,

You can wire up master warning/caution lights to the GEA24, it’s easy. I really like having a “heads up’ light since it does catch my attention quicker than the actual CAS message. Also theses are press to test “switch” lights and show up well in bright sun. I wired up my CO test/reset switch to the caution light.

Nothing I did on my panel was a single original thought. I stole all my ideas from others who posted their panels. This is the main reason I posted my panel to help others visualize what they like/dislike. All my panel inspiration was from staring at other people’s panels.

LR60 12-07-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger28760 (Post 1573524)
Mark,
Great panel.
I’m at the stage of planning the panel and wiring the G3’s avionics.
I’m also using duel pMags. Question: what source did you use to determine how to wire the Test function for the pMags?

Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

I believe I just used the pmag schematic along with the schematic stein has on his website for the type of Honeywell switch I used. It’s a momentary switch in the test position for the pmag which just interrupts power to the pmag.