What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Copperstate RV-10 nest 2013

woxofswa

Well Known Member
I am in the early throws for planning the sixth (and last) RV-10 Nest at Copperstate (AZ) 2013. Hopefully the seventh and last will be next year and my airborne RV can join the land based one.

My land based RV will be there for the duration and serve as a crashpad for nesters with lots of shade, seating, cold drinks, etc. Tent campers are welcome to use my facilities as needed.

Carne Asada lunch will again be noonish on Saturday. The last couple of years we have had several vendors join us for lunch and that has been popular. Reps from Van's, Dynon, Advanced, Approach Stack and others have joined in and great conversations have ensued. We even got a write up in the RVator.

The hardest part of the whole thing for me is provision planning. Those planning on coming for lunch please let me know, and yes, friends and family who are not RV-10ers are welcome.

Any other ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Myron
602 421-2868

Camping area

Don't know where the campers will be this year. The former camper area has been prepped for hangars and is "inside the fence."

Good luck.

Interesting. Their website says RV camping will be on pavement this year, which I see as a plus.

>>COPPERSTATE Fly-In will take advantage of this new space by parking motorhome campers on the pavement, expanding its options for overflow aircraft parking, and presenting a more professional look to the public.<<

That'll work

I was wondering if they would use that. Very nice area if they use the new area!!!

I'll be working all weekend for Air Evac next to the vendor tent!! Should be great. Everyone use caution, no ATC this year.

I'm hoping to be there Myron - and will swing by! We don't have a ten, but if you add 3,6,& 8, that's greater than ten, isn't it? ;)

Hi Myron! If your carne asada is as good as the roach coach downstairs at LAS, then count me in! I'll see you on that Saturday. Thanks very much.

Looking forward to meeting you Paul.

We don't card anybody, but tail wheel talk will bring a stink eye. :)

Karl,

You're welcome too, but no buck seventy two talk or speaking Chinese allowed.

All Van's enthusiasts and guests are welcome till the supplies run out. We are straight south of the Van's display.

602 421-2868

Myron,
Thank you very much for hosting the RV-10 nest. The food was outstanding and it was a pleasure meeting your family. See you back in the PHX pilot lounge!

Thanks Inviting us to your Copperstate RV Nest.

Just wanted to say a sincere "Thank You" for the great food and the great people we met at the RV Nest. And my wife would like the recipe for those brownies. Best tasting brownies since childhood.

Back