VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV General Discussion/News (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   a couple printed ideas (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=147771)

RV7A Flyer 04-02-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Melton (Post 1336196)
I don't know if it was any faster but i looks better.

I'm a bit confused...maybe just slow today :)...how's it work? You have to move the forward tab aft, then push in on the aft tab to swing the latch handle out. How do you do that with this thingie attached?

I like it, cause I'm always looking for little ways to make the plane look faster (and maybe gain that .01 knot to stay ahead of my buddy in his -7 LOL)...

Steve Melton 04-02-2019 08:06 PM

this little fairing only works because I have a bulb seal around my canopy and when released the canopy springs open. I have not used my canopy release lever in five yrs, so it works for me. otherwise, there is a slotted option.

these could be a safety hazard, so caution is advised. a random bystander may not know how to operate it.

Steve Melton 04-03-2019 06:07 AM

RV-8 rudder gust lock - elliptical trailing edge

while examining the mold impressions of the RV8 rudder trailing edge, I found it is an elliptical shape. the trailing edge must be protected and the gust lock should not contact this shape except at the very aft edge. the resulting gust lock interface looks like this.

the RV8 rudder trailing edge is more robust than other models.

Steve Melton 04-04-2019 07:01 AM

RV14 aileron gust lock hook

simple and secure design. check the controls are free before flight.

Saville 04-04-2019 10:20 AM

Just a quick reminder - in case youa re looking for something to do (which I bet you'r e not ;) ):

A P-51 "fluted " throttle handle that slips over the standard cylindrical throttle handle. Extend it inboard somewhat and set it up to take a simple spring return PTT switch at the end of the grip.

Bavafa 04-04-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Melton (Post 1336841)
simple and secure design. check the controls are free before flight.

Can't quit picture how these work, does the hole goes to the outer aileron hinge bolt and the arm gets locked to the bottom of the aileron on each side?

Steve Melton 04-04-2019 09:21 PM

it works together

a couple of items. I don't recommend silver for these but I wanted to take a look. silver is tough to print well.

Steve Melton 04-04-2019 09:24 PM

install and make a mark with set screw

open the mark slightly. i looks good. 5 minute install.

Steve Melton 04-21-2019 08:05 PM

RV-14 gust lock set

a set of gust locks for RV-14. the rudder gust lock is printed essentially solid in the center internally but tapers internally at the upper and lower edges. the contact profile is constant. this allows for high strength is the center but softer at the edges. if you look closely enough you may be able to detect the five internal process changes. printed with ASA plastic that has high UV resistance.

Steve Melton 04-23-2019 04:04 AM

RV-9 gust lock set

elevator gust locks are custom fit to measured dimensions. welcome to the age of custom fit.