VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV General Discussion/News (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   a couple printed ideas (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=147771)

az_gila 05-06-2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flysrv10 (Post 1258017)
YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK. LOOKS GOOD. THE EXISTING RV10 TRAY IS 7 1/2" lONG by 5" deep. I GOT THIS INFO FROM VANS BATTERY THAT HE SELLS. IF YOU NEED A MORE PRECISE DIMENSION, I WILL NEED TO OPEN THE TAIL CONE AND MEASURE. YOUR CALL; NOT TOO MUCH WORK FOR THE BEST FIT. I SEND YOU N INSTALLATION PIC THAT I FOUND ON THE WEBSITE. I MAY HAVE TO SEND YOU THE PIC DIRECTLY TO YOU EMAIL UNLESS I FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO IT HERE.

Just measured mine.

7.50 x 5.063 with a rounded inside bend radius on the long sides only.

Steve Melton 05-06-2018 07:21 PM

what do you guesstimate the size of the radius on the long side?

Quote:

Originally Posted by az_gila (Post 1258082)
Just measured mine.

7.50 x 5.063 with a rounded inside bend radius on the long sides only.

flysrv10 05-07-2018 09:50 AM

STEVE,

I MEASURED MINE AND I AM GETTING 5"X7" TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE RADIOS. DON'T KNOW IF THE FLANGES ARE BENT GIVING THE FRACTION MEASURED BY AZ_GILA (THANKS FOR TAKING YOUR DIMS AZ_GILA). I WILL SEND YOU A PIC TO YOUR PERSONAL EMAIL AFTER TGHIS EMAIL. THANKS.

Steve Melton 05-07-2018 10:01 AM

don't worry about the radius at the bottom. we will take care of that with a chamfer for clearance. we want the measurements of the top edges. seems like we lost 0.5 inch going from 7.5 to 7.0.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flysrv10 (Post 1258200)
STEVE,

I MEASURED MINE AND I AM GETTING 5"X7" TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE RADIOS. DON'T KNOW IF THE FLANGES ARE BENT GIVING THE FRACTION MEASURED BY AZ_GILA (THANKS FOR TAKING YOUR DIMS AZ_GILA). I WILL SEND YOU A PIC TO YOUR PERSONAL EMAIL AFTER TGHIS EMAIL. THANKS.

az_gila 05-07-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flysrv10 (Post 1258200)
STEVE,

Let me verify the 7.5"

I might have just assumed the previously stated dimension was correct and that I had it on the major markings on the ruler.

Steve Melton 05-07-2018 03:39 PM

Gil, I'm trusting your first measurement. Print underway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by az_gila (Post 1258270)
Let me verify the 7.5"

I might have just assumed the previously stated dimension was correct and that I had it on the major markings on the ruler.

az_gila 05-07-2018 04:49 PM

Going out in the heat to check the dimensions, :) but this pic shows the radius at the bottom of the tray -

az_gila 05-07-2018 06:22 PM

Steve, I just checked, it is 7.5 inches on the long dimension.

A 3/8 drill bit fits nicely inside the radius shown on the bottom of the long sides of the tray.

Steve Melton 05-07-2018 07:21 PM

thank you. we are good to go. the print is almost done. I've been out flying doing a check flight after my condition inspection. the only mod I made was to drill off the seat back hinge upper adjustment to allow the seat to go fully back. small change but I like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by az_gila (Post 1258350)
Steve, I just checked, it is 7.5 inches on the long dimension.

A 3/8 drill bit fits nicely inside the radius shown on the bottom of the long sides of the tray.

it's a nice part. on the make.

that's a nice little tray.

smooth backside and perfectly flat

Vlad 05-10-2018 07:15 PM

Got all the goodies Steve pass thanks to Amanda nice job! Will install tomorrow. Let's see how they survive the beating. Will report here after first thousand hours on them :D