VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV General Discussion/News (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   a couple printed ideas (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=147771)

Snowflake 09-23-2021 08:06 AM

In the upper position it may be easier to reach, but have you considered crash survivability? Lower in the baggage compartment would it be more likely to come free and hit the backs of the seats, rather than the occupants' heads?

Steve Melton 09-23-2021 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowflake (Post 1557422)
In the upper position it may be easier to reach, but have you considered crash survivability? Lower in the baggage compartment would it be more likely to come free and hit the backs of the seats, rather than the occupants' heads?

these will easily withstand a fwd 9g crash loading and will probably be able to withstand double that. higher tow bar location is better for access when the baggage compartment is loaded. if there is demand for a lower positioned tow bar then I have a version for that but have not uploaded it to the store.

I was asked to look at a tow bar mount for the RV14 (tail wheel version). I have that planned and added to the list to be completed by October.

the last step for completing a part is to fine turn the print for that part. the mfg. department did a nice job with these. done!

celebrating this with some bling

Steve Melton 09-23-2021 02:32 PM

ASA short fuel tester - dropped by Sporty's

I see the ASA short fuel tester has been dropped by Sporty's Pilot Shop so I picked up a few to offer in a bundle. Folks were having problems breaking the drain rod. Hopefully, this new cap will correct this problem and let this part carry on because it is a compact design, perfect for RV's. a short tube is better for sumping low wing aircraft.

https://www.rvplasticparts.com/produ...and-stow-mount

this part looks like a little man in a comic book to me.

David Lewis 09-23-2021 10:18 PM

Does your custom cap fit the longer fuel testers as well?

Steve Melton 09-24-2021 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Lewis (Post 1557583)
Does your custom cap fit the longer fuel testers as well?

no, it does not fit the longer fuel tester. it is only for the ASA short fuel tester.

I think the original design was on the right track with the cap design because it creates a larger diameter for fuel to drain so less chance for spilling fuel during the drain but their execution of the design of the stem on the cap was poor. I like saving a good design concept and making it better. Less waste because I don't need to throw away the fuel tester just because the cap stem failed. Now there is no chance for this to fuel tester to fail when I am fueling at a remote airport because I only carry one fuel tester on board.

Steve Melton 09-27-2021 10:14 AM

RV14 tow bar brackets - tail wheel

RV14 tow bar - tail wheel arrived today. It is not as wide as the A model.

Steve Melton 09-28-2021 04:19 AM

healthy frozen pizza?

this may be a new favorite. sweet potato crust. we shared a couple of these last night and it was a hit. very easy on the stomach.

Ray had been mowing airport grass all day and Bill spent the day throwing away scrap metal. I had run 6 miles. we needed a snack.

and one not so healthy. Neumann's

adding another printer, #6 is on the way

Steve Melton 09-28-2021 08:24 PM

RV14 Bogi-bar mount tail wheel

maybe about there?

Steve Melton 09-29-2021 12:44 PM

RV10 Bogi-Bar Brackets

RV10 Bogi-Bar Brackets are similar to the RV14A brackets except the upper and lower bracket far upper and lower flanges were trimmed so the brackets only contact the lower baggage bulkhead. these brackets require drilling and bolting to the lower bulkhead.

these need a test fit and I don't have access to an RV10. does anyone want a free set for the price of shipping? you will owe me a couple photos of the installed condition and you will need to pay for the retaining pins if you want them.

rocketman1988 should probably have first dibs for these if he is still interested.

RV10 Bogi-Bar Brackets

rocketman1988 09-29-2021 05:01 PM

Be happy to test them…

I would be happy to test fit them. I will pm my contact info…