What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Copperstate RV-10 Nest 2014

woxofswa

Well Known Member
I am in the early throws for planning the eighth (and last) RV-10 Nest at Copperstate (AZ) 2014. Hopefully the ninth and last will be next year.

My land based RV will be there for the duration and serve as a crashpad for nesters with lots of shade, seating, cold drinks, etc. Tent campers are welcome to use my facilities as needed.

Carne Asada lunch will again be noonish on Saturday. The last couple of years we have had several vendors join us for lunch and that has been popular. Reps from Van's, Dynon, Advanced, Approach Stack and others have joined in and great conversations have ensued.

The hardest part of the whole thing for me is provision planning. Those planning on coming for lunch please let me know, and yes, friends and family who are not RV-10ers are welcome.

Any other ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Myron
602 421-2868

Thanks for the invitation Myron. I can't be there on Saturday (gotta work), but I will be there Thursday. Have fun!

Myron;

I'm the polished RV4 that was parked/with tent, to the East of you in 2013.
I will be marshaling / parking airplanes all week end and would enjoy some of your hospitality. Shade is hard to find.

See you there.

Joel

Can I Help you?

Myron,

my name is Alan Muhs. we met at the mongollon fly in and also talked at Oshkosh.

I am planning on being there alone on Friday and with my wife Saturday. Can I help or bring something? Water? Sodas?

Hi Alan.

Saw your airplane today at the paint shop.

I don't really need anything except maybe folding chairs.

Thanks for the offer, I provide all the food and drinks and just have a donation can. See you there.

Myron
Wish I could make it this year. We really enjoyed it in 2012. I
am hosting a grand daughters 4th birthday party.
Have a great time

Myron:

Please put me down for one. I may make use of camping nearby as well, not sure yet. Driving out from San Diego. Excited to meet and see multiple RV-10's in one place as I am just starting system planning after picking up a QB fuselage (to go with my slow build wings that are 80% complete)

Thank you for the offer of hospitality and looking forward to meeting many of you.

Ethan

Friday at Copperstate

Everyone,
What a great day at Copperstate today. Sunny with calm winds.lots of airplanes. lot of familiar faces. Made some new friends. Had some great Carne asada tacos

Flying my RV6A in without ATC assistance was a breeze.

All set up where we usually are. More airplanes than we've seen in years. Vendors say it's been a strong show so far. Come hang out and/or join us for lunch tomorrow (Sat) noonish to twoish.

Another successful gathering in the books. Fewer flying 10's than we've seen in year's past but a lot more new builders which bodes well for the future.

Having my own plane there for the first time was very rewarding and was one of the "goals" during the build. However getting both land and air based RV's there was a challenge. I did get to see my baby flown by someone else for the first time and that was kind of cool.

I'm thinking of my rotating every other year for future "last" nest events, but maybe that's just the fatigue talking.

Thanks to everyone who participated.

Some pictures

I didn't venture over to the "nest", but we did make it on Saturday flying in from SoCal for the day. Weather was great!

I took a bunch of pictures and hopefully got a picture of most of the RV's we saw (there were lots).

Had a great time at Copperstate. While not flying in but driving over from San Diego I appreciate the patience and hospitality of the entire gang. Myron for giving us a place to hang out in the shade and the great lunch on Saturday. I also appreciated Myron, Alan, Mike and others taking the time to answer my list of systems questions related to the RV-10.

Good people and fun airplanes is what it is all about.

E

Your plane looks BEAUTIFUL at Copperstate!

It's really motivating to see ya flying around. I hope to be there next year!

I'm almost out of rivets, but there is still plenty to do!

CC

I didn't venture over to the "nest", but we did make it on Saturday flying in from SoCal for the day. Weather was great!

I took a bunch of pictures and hopefully got a picture of most of the RV's we saw (there were lots).

Back