What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying up the Beach at Hilton Head

The caveat.

I was just there on Sunday and $6.00 gas or a $36 single engine "service" charge if you don't buy gas.

Fortunately, I could hold 8 gallons more and they waived the 'service' charge, even tho' they said take at least 10 gallons.

Best,

Yes, the charges are over the top. 21 minutes away however, at Allendale the fuel price was $4.80. Or 6 minutes (by air) in Beaufort the gas is much more reasonable. Moral of the story, be like Pierre and land at HXD with relatively full tanks!

Great video, much nicer day at Hilton Head, than last year when we had to end our flight there due to the storms over Florida during Sun N Fun. We were very disappointed not getting to Sun N Fun with our RV-10 until the storm hit and we had to take shelter in the hangar. We didn't worry about the rental car, funny how that works.

Maybe.

Perhaps we ought to start a thread about airports to avoid:)

I had no idea that there was a $36 charge for simply landing to pick up my stepson and then leave.

If I HAD to do it again, I'd be sure to be able to take ten gallons at $6. $60 for 10 gallons is a better deal than $36 for nothing!

Best,

HXD

I have been chomping at the bit to fly down to HXD! But, work keeps getting in the way.

When I spoke to Signature they told they had an 8 gallon min or pay a handling fee.

They also said overnight was $10 per night, unless you buy that 8 gallons, then it goes down to $5 per night.

Moral of the story is....if you land and use Signature you will pay big $$$

$36 ramp fee in HXD vs. $1000 in BOS! :eek:

Kind of seems like a deal :confused:

Gator made me do it!

Last Friday night I thought...why not? :D

DSC01600.jpg

DSC01598.jpg

BUT! The tiedown for the weekend even with fuel purchase is $8 per night and I did buy the 10 gallon minimum - and even with the .50 weekend discount i paid $6.71 per gallon :eek: That means the normal price is $7.21 :mad:

5.4 hours down and 4.9 hours home, love this RV flying!

Back