What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Bar Travel on a 7A?

bellamy

I'm trying to estimate the proper location for the rudder bar mounts, angle of the rudder bar and angle of the brake pedals. How much forward/aft movement of the rudder bar should I expect?

I've already drilled three sets of holes for the F-6116 rudder bar mounts so I have some future options if needed.

Thanks,
Brad Bellamy
RV-7A fuselage
Austin, TX

I'm trying to estimate the proper location for the rudder bar mounts, angle of the rudder bar and angle of the brake pedals. How much forward/aft movement of the rudder bar should I expect?

I've already drilled three sets of holes for the F-6116 rudder bar mounts so I have some future options if needed.

Thanks,
Brad Bellamy
RV-7A fuselage
Austin, TX

There is a minimum dimension on the plans, I think, for minimum distance from the firewall. I assumed that was how far the weldment moves in either direction. That said, mine isn't flying and I'm short so I moved mine to the aft hole location. You can also adjust a little by the length of the links and angle of the weldments.

How is ATX? We lived there 30 years. Moved because it became a 100 degree parking lot.

Rudder Bar Travel

Larry, Thanks!

I did notice the 3" min distance of the F-6116 edge to the firewall. I also drilled two additional sets of holes so I can move it relatively easy later if needed. And I put the seatback in the center position so I can also adjust that forward and aft if needed. I'm running a test and think I have a decent spot, but want to make sure I can reach the rudder bars at full travel.

Well, ATX is still hot with bad traffic. 102 high today and 20 days of triple digit highs this month. And we are way behind on rainfall. Maybe that is why my brother moved to Denver.

Regards,
Brad

Back