What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sensenich 76" on RV-7

Trevor778

Well Known Member
I have a lead on a 76" fixed pitch prop off of a Glastar. Owner pulled it with just over 150 hours total time to go to a constant speed. I see on the mother ship site they recommend a 72. I searched the part number and it's the standard pitch, I was more planning on a cruise pitch.

My question is, do I need to get this prop cut down? Or is there guys out there operating a 7 with a 76"prop? If I have to cut it down I'll likely get it re pitched, but is the 4 inches that big of a deal?

Obviously I think ground clearance will come into play, but I look forward to your responses. As of now I am fully prepared to purchase this prop and send it out to get re sized appropriately.

Thanks for the feedback.

Trev

Sounds like the totally wrong prop for an RV7. Sensenich does make props especially for the RVs that have an airfoil and blade profile to match the airspeeds, airframe and engines used on RVs that have a proven track record for performance, reliability and safety.

Last edited:
Yeah, after further reading on the vans site I see this is the totally wrong prop for our machines. I'll just save up for that nice catto sometime down the road

Back