VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   Aircraft Camping (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   SC Glamping? (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=189264)

dmat 11-23-2020 03:03 PM

SC Glamping?

All,

I am looking at putting a few Cabins on a grass strip in SC for a fly-in Airbnb. I guess you could call it a true "Airbnb".

Anyway, I wanted to see if there would be any interest for something like that before pulling the trigger on a cabin or two.

I know folks love new places to fly into and this would be a pay by night gig. Taxi to your cabin and glamp away for the weekend.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

D

Jimbot 11-23-2020 03:11 PM

Sounds cool. I would be interested.

andrewtac 11-23-2020 03:38 PM

I would be interested. Thought about doing the same thing in the TX hill country somewhere. I don't think the market is big enough to support fly in only; unless you have prime real estate; and then the property the runway was on would be worth more as cabins. I've thought about it many different ways, but get back to the same results.

About the only way I figured it would work would be a retirement house, maybe setup bed and breakfast type with several small cabins, expecting not to make money but give the wife and I something to do.

agirard7a 11-23-2020 03:39 PM

Yes

Sent you a PM

VA Maule 11-23-2020 06:37 PM

I'd give it a try for a night. if there was a convenient way to get supplies and provisions without having to bring them in the airplane it would be a real plus + since ground transportation is usually problematic. Are there any local attractions then again if so are they within reasonable walking distance?

Low Pass 11-24-2020 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmat (Post 1479770)
All,

I am looking at putting a few Cabins on a grass strip in SC for a fly-in Airbnb. I guess you could call it a true "Airbnb".

Anyway, I wanted to see if there would be any interest for something like that before pulling the trigger on a cabin or two.

I know folks love new places to fly into and this would be a pay by night gig. Taxi to your cabin and glamp away for the weekend.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

D

Look at what Pam and Zen Boulden did at Byrd's Adventure Center in Arkansas. They have a multiple activity venue in the Ozarks. Their key to success, IMO, is the multiple activities you can do onsite. They attract mud buggy/rock crawler/jeep people, "greenie" kayakers, RV campers, flyers, bikers, fishermen. Check them out if you're in the NW AR area.

aturner 11-24-2020 08:52 AM

I am sure there would be a good response to your plan. I'm certainly interested in learning more.

swjohnsey 11-24-2020 09:43 AM

Depends a lot on price range. Ballpark?

bkervaski 11-24-2020 09:59 AM

Absolutely :D

n816kc 11-24-2020 11:15 AM

Yepper

Was just checking out a similar setup in WV this morning, Heavens Landing at 4WV4