What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VS Conduit Run

Daniel S.

Well Known Member
Hey guys.
I know I saw some pictures somewhere here on VAF but I can't find them again. I'm looking for pictures that show the location of a conduit run in the VS... Yes, I'm running conduit up there. You never know, I may want an antenna or something up there.

Thanks

And while you are at it, install nut plates to attach the fiberglass tip instead of using rivets.

Thanks Mike. I'm on that too.... Wasn't it someone on one of your posts about your vor antenna that someone was talking about a condit run in there?

Yes, there was talk about doing that.

I bought a partially complete project, and that is one of the things I wish had been done during the build. As it was, the stab was done with the cap riveted on-----thus making the top antenna a lot of extra work if I went that way.

RV-7 Vertical Stabilizer Conduit Installation

I opened up the forward tooling holes on the top and bottom ribs. Then installed the conduit and RTV'd it in.

Also like Mike S said, install the tip fairing with 4-40 nutplates (available from Genuine Aircraft Hardware) and countersunk screws.

This is the top installation.

100_2368.jpg

The arrow is pointing to the location of the opened up bottom hole, but pre conduit installation (sorry for the bad picture quality, i cropped this out of another picture)

100_2123-Copy.jpg

And one more....notice the arrows are pointing to the opened holes.

100_2059-Copy.jpg

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Aaron. That is exactly what I was thinking. Would you mind showing me how you did the nut plates? It looks like you followed the normal rivet patern on the top rib. Where did you drill/ dimple for the screws? Maybe its a dumb question. Sorry. I haven't looked at it but ill be working on it this week and I don't really feel like doing it wrong.
thanks

Back