VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV-12/RV-12iS (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Modifications that you have Made to your RV-12 after Certification? E-LSA Only! (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=64145)

Mich48041 08-02-2011 05:46 PM

Link to Picasa Pictures

Sorry about the wrong link to pictures in the above post. I corrected it.
Joe Gores
https://picasaweb.google.com/1170811...eat=directlink

Geico266 08-02-2011 07:26 PM

I saw Joe's tanks up close and personal. Looks very nice, and he can access the tail cone without removing the tank.

Well done Joe.

dick seiders 08-02-2011 07:43 PM

Learned at first annual:
Put silicone on your static lines where they connect to fuse pins so they don't slip off the pins.
Put some ceramic cloth over the oil line where it crosses the exhaust pipe on right side to eliminate heat distortion of fireshield at the Adel clamp supporting the oil line.
Add a 1/2" spacer between the nose gear leg and adel clamp to move the coolent line away from the gascolator to eliminate heat transfer to the gascolator bowl.
Suggest using two wireways instead of one to minimize the wire pileup over the rudder/brake pedal bars.
Dick Seiders 120093

diamond 08-05-2011 05:57 PM

Joe
I like your seatback fuel tank mod. I'm curious if there is enough room now to stow 2 of those foldup bikes in there?

Mich48041 08-05-2011 06:20 PM

Need more info

Quote:

I'm curious if there is enough room now to stow 2 of those foldup bikes in there?
I can not answer that without knowing how big the bikes are. Are the bikes small enough to fit between the roll bar and the horizontal cross bar behind the seat? What are the bike dimensions?
Joe Gores

vernhendershott 08-05-2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mich48041 (Post 564774)
I can not answer that without knowing how big the bikes are. Are the bikes small enough to fit between the roll bar and the horizontal cross bar behind the seat? What are the bike dimensions?
Joe Gores

If you had a fine Brompton folding bike, its folded size is 24 x 24 x11 and it weighs about 28 pounds, it should fit. They are a good ride but are not cheap as they are very well built in London.

Best regards,
Vern

yankee-flyer 08-07-2011 04:09 PM

remote oil sensor questions

HI John,

Your message box is full so I've got to ask these here.

I'm planning to move the sensor to the firewall at the first Annual this fall. I think I have the answers already to a couple of questions but want to make sure. If I keep the Honeywell sensor and move that to the firewall it looks like you just bundled up the extra wire?

And it also looks like you somehow used a double Adel clamp to mount the sensor on top of the fuel pressure sensor?

Final question-- where does the restrictor go-- at the engine end of the line or at the sensor end-- may see that when I look at the parts.

If possible, please reply to wmoyer@woh.rr.com-- I can't remember to check messages on VAF

THANKS

Wayne Moyer
120241/143WM 55 hours

Geico266 08-07-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetguy (Post 558206)
Why not just chock it instead?:)

Jetguy! There are customers trying to send you orders, but your PM mail box is full!

I can start taking orders for you if you like! ;)

Okay everyone, I am now the offical superdooper Paypal for Jetguy and company. Send me the monry and I will send the orders to Jetguy for a nominal handling and processing fee. :rolleyes:

Jetguy 08-07-2011 06:53 PM

Im going to Get With It!

I emptied my mail box and sent Wayne and email about the oil sensor stuff. Keep after me, Have no mercy.:eek:

Heres a thought here is my email address: Jetguy@att.net

Geico266 08-07-2011 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetguy (Post 565408)
I emptied my mail box and sent Wayne and email about the oil sensor stuff. Keep after me, Have no mercy.:eek:

Heres a thought here is my email address: Jetguy@att.net

Add your email address to your personal info and it will show up as a like when someone clicks your icon. That will be $100 internet communication consultation fee please. ;)