What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

3D files repository

N710MC

I'm New Here
Hello all!
I am looking through numerous posts and sites to collect the best ideas on where everyone is using 3D parts for their builds. Can we start a sticky to allow a consolidated repository of files? I would request you put which model RV the file is for in the title if applicable.
Thanks

I Agree it would be so useful to have a repository of all these files. I have reached out to many in the community and everyone is so nice and helpful but I do hate bothering them for files if I could get them somewhere.

I've got a few files to add, but the way VAF forum is currently set up, only image or pdf files are allowed. Maybe if Doug created a folder on this site, or allow attachment of other types of files directly in these posts, we could make this happen.

Capture.JPG

I've got a few files to add, but the way VAF forum is currently set up, only image or pdf files are allowed. Maybe if Doug created a folder on this site, or allow attachment of other types of files directly in these posts, we could make this happen.

View attachment 39087

Instead of asking Doug to pay for more storage, I'd say just encourage everyone to upload their files on one of the many 3D file sites and reference the link in their post showing off their proud creation (ex: thingiverse).

Instead of asking Doug to pay for more storage, I'd say just encourage everyone to upload their files on one of the many 3D file sites and reference the link in their post showing off their proud creation (ex: thingiverse).

Look at my screenshot above. Doug already allows 16MB photo files. Most CAD files are smaller than that. My custom oil cooler duct parts with the vanes and bellmouth are only 5MB total for all three pieces, and 1.1MB zipped.

By going back to remote file storage, the files will get lost to time as they had been back in the "olden days of VAF".

OC duct 2.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of things that I've printed / used

In the interim I could create a folder on the WIKI for STL Files

Axle Alignment Jig

Rod End Bearing Gauge (Rudder and Elevator)

Elevator Bellcrank Template (see page 36-16)

Tried uploading the STL files to the Wiki Temp Transfer but I need permissions so let me know the best method and I'll drop them in

Attachments

• Axle Alignment Block Configuration.JPG
    Axle Alignment Block Configuration.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Rod End Bearing Gauge.JPG
    Rod End Bearing Gauge.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 82
  • Elevator Bellvcrank Template.JPG
    Elevator Bellvcrank Template.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Thingiverse and Printables are great sites for this, just tag them with something appropriate. VansAirForce maybe or VansAircraft.

Uploaded to Thingiverse

I uploaded my 3 items in the previous post to Thingiverse. There's an existing tag listed as Vans_Aircraft and I added a VansAirForce tag as well

I uploaded my 3 items in the previous post to Thingiverse. There's an existing tag listed as Vans_Aircraft and I added a VansAirForce tag as well

I have no experience with creating 3D files or 3D printing but I'm intrigued by the innovative designs folks come up with.

But the first thing I noticed when perusing Thingverse; there doesn't seem to be an intuitive way to locate the files that are particular to Van's Aircraft. At least not that I could decipher.

Thingverse probably makes the most sense as a repository and maybe I'm not familiar enough with the site but it seems like a crapshoot guessing the best search term to locate the relevant files.

Back