VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV General Discussion/News (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   a couple printed ideas (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=147771)

Steve Melton 10-30-2021 09:09 AM

[quote=Vlad;1565108]That's a nice one Steve! That might still stay on the same spot when snow melts from the tail :D

a wet snow with automatic wing snow dump. I like it!

for a 1 lb rope clamp load there is a lot of stress margin in this part. this means it will have a very long life.

stress in KSI

stress in MPa

total deflection is about 2 mils (.002 inch)

Steve Melton 10-30-2021 06:59 PM

wheel chock video

not sure if this will work.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/semelt...4-b50dea3ce063

Steve Melton 10-31-2021 05:07 PM

wheel chock - larger clamp handle

taller handle, adjusted chisel and spacing. dialing it in.

hanging out at Cincy West today. you wonder about the story behind this 150? what a shame. I learned to fly in Kansas in one of these at 16 yrs. Buzzing my buddies on the monster hay wagon. I became good with hay hooks and using my knee to boost the hay bales.

David Paule 10-31-2021 06:13 PM

The video came through fine. I'm using an older Mac with Firefox. The rope grabber worked better than I expected - well done!

I suppose eventually you'll have these for the other tire sizes, too, right? I wonder if just one at the tailwheel would be effective. Guess it depends on the tailwheel static load, empty. When my little RV-3B is done, it'll use the Condor pneumatic tire, 200 x 50, almost 8" diameter. The mains will use the larger 380-150 tires, so these are two of the sizes you should be thinking about.

Thanks,
Dave

rocketman1988 10-31-2021 06:17 PM

Based at I67

Too bad I wasn't there today, or we could have met...

Haven't been out there lately due to a death in the family...maybe next time.

That airplane has been there ever since I have been going there, better than 20 years. Asked what the owner wanted for it a long time ago...he said 10k.

Pretty sure that it would be hard to even part out the aircraft now...

Steve Melton 10-31-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Paule (Post 1565368)
The video came through fine. I'm using an older Mac with Firefox. The rope grabber worked better than I expected - well done!

I suppose eventually you'll have these for the other tire sizes, too, right? I wonder if just one at the tailwheel would be effective. Guess it depends on the tailwheel static load, empty. When my little RV-3B is done, it'll use the Condor pneumatic tire, 200 x 50, almost 8" diameter. The mains will use the larger 380-150 tires, so these are two of the sizes you should be thinking about.

Thanks,
Dave

I demonstrated how the chock follows the nose wheel when rotated and locks the nose wheel in place in all orientations to a couple neighbors today. the next test is how does it perform in actual wind conditions. I'm thinking Kansas for that test. one of my neighbors said if it can lock the nose then you don't need to lock the mains. I don't know if that is true but I also had that thought.

Steve Melton 11-03-2021 10:38 AM

fake website

I see someone has gone to the trouble to copy one of my websites. If you order from this site don't send me an email and say I didn't get my part. this website is fake.

Steve Melton 11-06-2021 02:05 PM

P680 battery tray

I haven't printed one of these in awhile but I may also need one if I switch from my Concorde battery. tray weight = 3.5 oz ( .22 lb or 99 grams).

74-07 11-06-2021 02:16 PM

Steve,

Have you done a cover for the Dynon shunt? If so, I'd be interested in one.

Thanks,
Rob

Steve Melton 11-07-2021 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 74-07 (Post 1566701)
Steve,

Have you done a cover for the Dynon shunt? If so, I'd be interested in one.

Thanks,
Rob

send me a sketch or photo of your idea for a cover.