VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   Glass Cockpit (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   ADSB call (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=161488)

Ron B. 06-18-2018 06:18 PM

ADSB call
 
I was lazy and did not address calling Dynon about the update required for the 472 ADSB. Got a call from Dynon this afternoon asking if I had heard about the required update and that they are sending me out a new updated unit tomorrow and for me to return my unit to them when I receive the new one. I thought this was good service.
Thanks Dynon

Jpm757 06-18-2018 08:28 PM

Received mine about 2 weeks ago and it's working great. If you're using the Skyview Network be sure to do a hardware scan to update the network. I failed to do this on my next flight and got some configuration flags on my ADS-B performance report.

Jesse 06-20-2018 10:12 AM

The ads-b box doesn?t connect to the sv network. There should be nothing needed to be done in settings when swapping the units.

Raymo 06-20-2018 11:35 AM

You may need to update the 472 to the latest software after installation. The process is similar to the transponder.

RViter 06-20-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron B. (Post 1267746)
I was lazy and did not address calling Dynon about the update required for the 472 ADSB. Got a call from Dynon this afternoon asking if I had heard about the required update and that they are sending me out a new updated unit tomorrow and for me to return my unit to them when I receive the new one. I thought this was good service.
Thanks Dynon

Enquiring minds want to know ... when did you 'apply for the -472 upgrade'? (i.e., how long have you waited?)

I know this is a thread high-jacking, but I'm looking anxiously for that Dynon call as I see Osh2018 approaching ...
(thanks for your post - a ray of light in the darkness)

MercFE 06-20-2018 12:44 PM

Got mine as well... Looks like they're just going through the list and slowly contacting each person with the older box. I did nothing to start the exchange process, they called me.

219PB 06-20-2018 12:48 PM

I called about mine and got put on their list. Still have not heard from them.

Ron B. 06-20-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RViter (Post 1268114)
Enquiring minds want to know ... when did you 'apply for the -472 upgrade'? (i.e., how long have you waited?)

I know this is a thread high-jacking, but I'm looking anxiously for that Dynon call as I see Osh2018 approaching ...
(thanks for your post - a ray of light in the darkness)

I already had the upgraded 472 , just needed the updated version. And no I had not contacted them about update, they called me.

DrillBit 06-22-2018 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron B. (Post 1268143)
I already had the upgraded 472 , just needed the updated version. And no I had not contacted them about update, they called me.

Got my Dynon-initiated call today. Revised 472 is on its way. Including the 470 that I had to begin with, that?s 3 ADSB-in receivers before 1st flight.

Mark C. 06-23-2018 12:57 AM

Have any of you guys make a mounting bracket for the 472 as it uses screw location from the 470? Dynon said I would get a call early Fall for mine.
Thanks, Mark C. IL


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:12 AM.