What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagle's Nest Projects - News2 Student of the Week

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
News2 Houston - "Ruben's Student of the Week" - Stephen Louis
"Mentors build the student... students build the Aircraft"

Eagle's Nest Projects (EN-03) "on stage" at Clear Springs HS, League City, TX
DSC_1159_zpsgdcikbqc.jpg

DSC_1077_zps40krcuxb.jpg

DSC_1102_zpsxhwyktcu.jpg

Link to News2 Video >> HERE

Last edited:
Thats really great work Earnie. Thanks for all you do with these kids.

Thanks for the kind words... but I really can't take credit for the success of Eagle's Nest Projects. The program's overwhelming success is 100% attributable to the dedication and untiring efforts of our professional mentor team and the many partnerships they've developed, educational and otherwise.

While we're exchanging kind words, team Eagle's Nest Projects extends our sincere thanks to Team Aerodynamix for your generous and continuing support!

"Mentors build the student... students build the Airplane" - Glen Salmon

Last edited:
Awesome!

Great job, Ernie.
What a great influence you are having.
Looking forward to you coming to the Arlington/Grand Prairie area.
Thanks for sharing the dream.

Alright, Ernie, I'll ask. How'd you get the plane in the auditorium/theater??

Yes, RV10Man, the wings are removable which did help... but like everything else that happens at the school's performing arts center, it was mostly just magic. I've long dreamed of displaying one of our RV-12s "stage center", but this event was over the top; Band, Cheerleaders, etc. It was magical at every level.

Aside: For those just hearing about Eagle's Nest Projects, following a brief scope of the program.

Eagle's Nest Projects is a publicly funded 501(c)(3) high school STEM education program that empowers build-students and inspires them to levels of future achievement they never dreamed possible. By design, the program provides academic credit, dual at many campuses, and build-students can qualify for 20-hours of free flight instruction in the aircraft they built. Eagle's Nest Projects is partnered with Embry-Riddle, and to quote Ron Popiel, "wait, there's more"... build-students regularly display their aircraft at local community events and fly-ins to build community awareness, school, and community pride.

From one of my favorite characters... "Infinity and Beyond!"

Last edited:
Ernie, your efforts behind the scenes for years are making a real difference in a growing number of young people! Thanks!

And to all the Eagles Nest mentors - the aviation community owes you our gratitude. Other organizations note the decline in aviation & pilots ranks. You are doing something about it.

"facta non verba"

Scott and Ernie,
Nice job. You always set the bar high. Wisconsin Eagles Nest will also impress. Great Job! I love to see all the smiling faces.
Jim

Back