What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Member Intro

Steve R

I'm New Here
Introducing myself as a prospective RV-9 builder. Currently in a partnership in an KFME based TB20, but looking to move into homebuilding. If any on the forum would like to chat about your project, I would welcome the benefit of your experience. Thanks! Steve Riker (PhantomRO161 at gmail)

Steve welcome aboard. I'm based at KOKV, I am in the process of beginning a 7 build. If you have any questions, I would be happy to attempt an answer, I'm a newb to this whole thing too. Good luck.

Jeremy, when the pandemic clears, I would love to XC out there for a chat (and show-n-tell) if you are willing.

Jeremy, when the pandemic clears, I would love to XC out there for a chat (and show-n-tell) if you are willing.

I would love to show and tell. Unfortunately I don’t have anything to show currently. The empennage is planned to be ordered in the next couple months.

Steve,
Welcome to the RV world. I too had a TB20 (N358TB) prior to my RV-9A. While there are so many things I loved about the Trinidad, I've had more fun with my -9A than I can describe. I've flown it from California down the Caribbean, up the Pacific Northwest, down to Cabo san Lucas and am always amazed at the speed, economy and flight characteristics of this aircraft. Best thing I ever did. The only negative is that I didn't build mine, but that time will come. I sincerely hope you get as much satisfaction as I have.

Kind regards,
David

Back