What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wearing out my throttle...

Michael Burbidge

Well Known Member
Ok, yesterday I got my engine controls installed, and adjusted. For me it was one of those milestones that I can't quit thinking about. It really gets your imagination going. Every time I walk past the airplane in the garage I have to play with the throttle. I push it in smoothly and imagine the feel of adrenaline as the takeoff rolls begins. Then I will pull it back gradually and pretend I'm on final. I'm going to wear my throttle out before my airplane even gets out of the garage. The mixture control has seen some use also.

I can't wait for it to be real!

4jOkoVo.jpg

Michael-

Michael, I think mine is worn out and I don't have it even installed! Looking good. If we keep working, we can be posting stories like Troy and Vlad!

You need one of those new USB Pilot dongles. Plugs into USB 2.0. Has some switches and controls that slide in & out, built in speaker makes aircraft noises as you move controls & vibrates box.

GH

Ok, yesterday I got my engine controls installed, and adjusted. For me it was one of those milestones that I can't quit thinking about. It really gets your imagination going. Every time I walk past the airplane in the garage I have to play with the throttle. I push it in smoothly and imagine the feel of adrenaline as the takeoff rolls begins. Then I will pull it back gradually and pretend I'm on final. I'm going to wear my throttle out before my airplane even gets out of the garage. The mixture control has seen some use also.

I can't wait for it to be real!

4jOkoVo.jpg

Michael-

Keep playing Michael real stuff will happen sooner then you think :D

Back