What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Whole plane cover

dleonard7

Anyone visit the vender at Oshkosh 22' with the cover that extended wing to wing and prop to tail? It had a pair of eyes viewable from the front.

I never had the chance and I'm curious if such a thing would protect the plane from hail.

Not sure the vendor you are talking about, but I have a full Bruce Cover made of thick material, not sure it would prevent all hail damage, but it will help a lot. Might be possible to have some padding added to give a bit more protection.

I love my cover, wing to wing, tip to tail, prop cover as well as all 3 gear legs and wheel pants. It sits out on the ramp, but one would never know if they saw it. Always clean (cleaner then most hangered planes) always protected from the sun, dust, rain, etc.... Well worth every penny spent.

Last edited:
I walked past that vendor and my first though was no way that thing would survive any kind of wind.

Last edited:
I spoke with a rep from Bruce’s at Oshkosh. I asked about a full airplane cover for our -10 and he said they do not make that product. Apparently, to make a full airplane cover with thin, light material leaves it prone to tearing and if it is made with a thick material it is too heavy to use.

Or how about a full airplane dust cover for while in the hangar? I have been looking and can't seem to find anyone that makes one anymore. My hangar has major dust issues.....

Or how about a full airplane dust cover for while in the hangar? I have been looking and can't seem to find anyone that makes one anymore. My hangar has major dust issues.....

For inside the hangar, old, soft sheets can work well but may need some weights or straps for wind when doors open.

I use a leaf blower for the dust. Mine isnt too bad but the blower helps. Maybe an old parachute?

Back