What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Air-Tec Starters-Dick Waters

smokyray

Well Known Member
Way back in the early 90?s I reached the 90% done, 90% to go stage on my RV4 build project. I needed to purchase a Lycoming starter and alternator that were reasonably priced, lightweight and accessible. Being in FL I searched around and found an ad in an airboat magazine for Air Tec in Mims FL. I picked up the phone (yes, there were no iPhones back then) and called Dick Waters and in a few minutes my new Starter/Alt were on their way.
25 years later my RV4 still sports an AirTec starter alternator. Last week I purchased one for my RV6X that still has the amazing high quality, low price of previous models.

$250 bucks plus shipping is half the cost of a Skytech and easily equal or better quality.
Give Dick a call at 800-366-4746

Highly recommended!
V/R
Smokey

Last edited by a moderator:
Way back in the early 90?s I reached the 90% done, 90% to go stage on my RV4 build project. I needed to purchase a Lycoming starter and alternator that were reasonably priced, lightweight and accessible. Being in FL I searched around and found an ad in an airboat magazine for Air Tec in Mims FL. I picked up the phone (yes, there were no iPhones back then) and called Dick Waters and in a few minutes my new Starter/Alt were on their way.
25 years later my RV4 still sports an AirTec starter alternator. Last week I purchased one for my RV6X that still has the amazing high quality, low price of previous models.

$250 bucks plus shipping is half the cost of a Skytech and easily equal or better quality.
Give Dick a call at 800-366-4746
Highly recommended!
V/R
Smokey

Reviving an old thread. Seems like they have the solution I need. Called the number, but it says it is out of service. Anybody know if Air-Tec is still in business? Web site is still there…but only contact is the 800 number

Last edited by a moderator:
He also built/sold engines. I bought an engine from him back in about 2010. I called about getting another engine about a year ago, and if I recall correctly, Dick Waters had passed away.

He also built/sold engines. I bought an engine from him back in about 2010. I called about getting another engine about a year ago, and if I recall correctly, Dick Waters had passed away.

Thanks. That is too bad. Sounds like he had a pretty good reputation.

Back