What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTN750xi strange behavior

N49ex

Well Known Member
Today my Garmin GTN750xi exhibited a very strange behavior. On start up, the map page came up fully zoomed out to basically western hemisphere. Normally it comes up zoomed in to airport area range. Turning the zoom knob dropped it to 40mi range and further zoom in or out turns only switched back and forth between 25 and 40miles, nothing else. Pinching on the screen worked normal, but returning to the knob it just went back to 25 and 40mi. And, every once in a while it would autonomously jump back to fully zoomed out. Seems like a combination of software bug and vibration induced behavior. I wondered if it could have been a connector issue and some kind of unused external remote zoom control, but looking through the manuals there doesn't appear to be such a thing. Power cycle had no effect, just came back doing the same thing. Pulled unit out and re-seated, and seems to have gone away for now, but this kind of thing usually comes back.

I'll call Garmin on Monday, but suspect they may have no idea....So, has anyone seen such a thing?

Back