What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

And So It Begins

BigD

Well Known Member
From Lurker to Builder. I've been doing a lot of reading here and wanted to finally introduce myself and my building partner as we start construction on our RV-10, builder number 41373. Got the shop set up and attached the picture mostly to learn how to do it. We're ready to rivet together the VS and at the point of dimpling the rivet skins; trying to decide if we're going to add rudder trim. Anyway, I'm in (very) south Georgia so hello and thanks already for the tips so far. Partner is Rick Gilbride, owner of an RV-6.

6quubl.jpg
[/IMG]

==dave==
Dave Leonard
Hahira, GA

Dave,

Welcome to the RV-10 community. What part of Georgia do you live? There very well may be another RV-10 builder near you?

As far as rudder trim go, I highly recommend Aerosport Products Rudder Trim. It's a five minute install and you don't have to cut into your rudder.

bob

Welcome

Dave,

So, another one (or should I say two) have "pulled the trigger." My wife and I live in Colorado, but I have family in Georgia and it's where I grew up. I'm glad to see I will potentially have yet another person to fly with when I'm home for visits. At least once I get my bird flying, that is...:p

Full marks to Pierre - the vault is the armory...I'll take a look at the aerosport rudder trim; have looked at the setup Vic used as implemented by N104CD. If nothing else we can wait to final install the skins til we decide. I've heard it's not absolutely necessary, but nice to have esp on longer flights...and easier to do now depending on the method chosen.

I'm in Hahira, GA which is just north of Valdosta which is just north of Florida. Planning to do final assembly at KVLD, but that's a ways off.

thanks for the warm welcome all!

==dave==

Vlad, down here in the South more than likely, guns and ammo.

We believe in them here.

And in Montana, too!

+2 for Aerosport Rudder trim. I have it installed and love the simplicity.

Welcome and... You have too much room! Please clutter for your next picture. Thank you, that is all. :)

First sub-assembly done (VS) - That's Rick on the left and me on the right. Second pic is for subwaybob's approval - cluttered enough yet, or do we have a ways to go?

ojnzgi.jpg

2s00e9k.jpg

About 50 hours into the project...

==dave==

Dave,

Welcome to the RV-10 community. What part of Georgia do you live? There very well may be another RV-10 builder near you?

As far as rudder trim go, I highly recommend Aerosport Products Rudder Trim. It's a five minute install and you don't have to cut into your rudder.

bob

I have a much earlier version of the rudder trim Bob mentioned, and it works fine. It's more than enough, since the 10 hardly needs any rudder trim in cruise.
John

Back