VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV-6/6A (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Show us a picture of your FINISHED RV-6/6A! (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=1511)

gladiator68 12-03-2013 11:41 PM

Congrats!

Beautiful plane and I hope you get that beautiful woman to ride with you.......

Hats off to craftmanship for both!

Viperjet 12-04-2013 06:51 PM

Proud to be an RV'r

Hi guys,

Thanks for the warm welcoming to the VAF. We bought the plane in July from Murray Lawton in Ontario (meticulous build) and have since logged over 75 hrs flying across Canada and most of the Midwestern US. It is absolutely mission perfect for the two of us. Next summer we are taking it down to the Bahamas and then over to the Baja. We can't wait to get traveling in it again. There are not a lot of places to fly up here in Calgary during the winter but it sure is pretty in the mountains on a clear day.

Besides making the RV the best looking plane anywhere we stop, my lovely wife also does her share of the maintenance and upkeep. Last month she installed the new ignition switch as my back had an issue laying upside down in the cockpit.

I wish I could have built my own RV but with my schedule that would have been a decade long project at best. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with just flying one instead !! :D

cheers, Andrew & Veronika Squires

RV6A CFFST
Viperjet N899VJ

morganjp 12-04-2013 07:25 PM

Andy

Don't worry about not building the plane. After about 5 years you will have made enough changes and mods that you will think you did build her.

John Morgan

PropMan 01-03-2014 01:01 PM

Edit. Deleted per Antoine.S request.

Skykingbob 01-03-2014 01:31 PM

Welcome

Antoine.....Welcome to VAF :) you will find lots of help & camaraderie here! Congratulations on your beautiful -6.

YOL BOLSON!!!

dealfair 01-03-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antoine.S (Post 840155)

the fiber parts are covered with real aluminum, A real mess to apply on rounded surfaces! but can be polished exactly as the rest of the plane and permit a uniform looking as the shine is leaving between the polish acts.

hopping you'll like the result!

Antoine

That is very impressive Antoine!! Oh I like what you've done. Super nice! Welcome to VAF & years of fun.

Antoine.S 01-03-2014 08:08 PM

thank's all for your welcome!;)

if some one want's info on the covering with aluminium it will be a pleasure to help too!:)

flyr747 02-02-2014 05:11 PM

N6CT is Flying

Another RV-6 is flying and we are having a great time. About two years ago we bought this uncompleted project from Mrs. Virginia Short, a few years after her husband Bill passed away. Unfortunately, he was not able to see this airplane fly but I did promise Virginia a ride when it was completed.

The building process was a great learning experience but flying it is so much better. We received the pink slip on Nov. 12, 2013, and today we got it back from the paint shop.

A big thank you to all the guys at the Southeast Ramp at Sanford, FL KSFB, technical support from Vans Aircraft, the Vansairforce.com search button that gave me invaluable direction on how to build it better and more importantly was a guide showing what works and what doesn?t work. This depth of knowledge is a huge advantage we have building now learning from those that have passed this way before us.

The paint scheme design was a collaboration effort between my wife Terri and Matthew Sample matthewsample2 at gmail.com. Matthew provided the much needed computer design skills necessary to create this unique paint scheme. The aircraft was painted by Joe Dinolfo of Hawk Aircraft Painting in Tampa, FL. Joe was a great guy to work with throughout the entire paint process. His team really brought this airplane to life.

Like most of us, I feel there is little chance of completing something this big without the support and encouragement of my family and especially my wife Terri. We are now looking forward to flying to a lot of great places and meeting new people in the process.

RV-6 Curt & Terri Sullivant
N6CT

MarkW 02-02-2014 06:23 PM

Sweet. Good job Curt and nice paint Terri.

GLPalinkas 02-02-2014 08:03 PM

What a beauty. Can't wait to see it around.... maybe Sebring Wednesday breakfast bunch.