VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV General Discussion/News (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2nd Annual VAF ski trip (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=121428)

morganjp 01-08-2015 03:20 PM

2nd Annual VAF ski trip

Attn Colorado RV drivers:

2nd annual RV driver ski trip to Beaver Creek is coming soon.
Jan 17 - 24

Still a couple of bedrooms left at $70 per night if any locals want to come ski for a day or two or the whole week. Or come join us for a day.

Call John Morgan @ 770-823-1713 if interested.

ppilotmike 01-08-2015 04:28 PM

I'm interested.

John,

Per my call, I'll check with the wife to see if we can join you guys, at least for a few days of skiing and lying..:)

Darin Watson 01-08-2015 08:57 PM

Would be interested....but...

I would also like to bring our own equipment.....

So are there folks who have done mods to carry skis? I think the gear and "essential" clothing is not a W&B issue, if you have a reasonable net wt, but packing skis would be a space challenge to say the least.

If there are solid mods to pocket 2 pair of skis in a tube through the bulk head AND be safe with the potential of falling into the elevator controls...I am all ears. (Note mod of existing plane and minimal permanent weight add).

I did not search archives as I am relatively new...so if moderators want to kick this to a new thread, or this is something "well know and developed" feel free to either point me to the existing knowledge base, or start a new thread.

A hot topic for spouse and I who love to ski and fly and children at a stage to allow a weekend get away so that we can revert to newly weds again;)

LAMPSguy 01-08-2015 09:04 PM

Wish I could

I will be there again in spirit. We are gearing up for 3 weeks in Roswell, NM. If anyone is going to be out that way, stop for a day and Ill give you a guided tour of the T-6B!

There is a 3 year rotation, so I should be cleared to join for the next two years!

Ski Safe and post pics!

morganjp 01-09-2015 08:37 AM

Darin

To clarify a bit, we are not flying our RVs to go skiing. We are flying commercial to Denver and taking a Suburban etc to the mountains. The trip is about skiing and talkin airplanes not flying them. I have no intention of getting anywhere near the Rockies in Jan in my RV6A. Wrong mission!!!

John Morgan

PS. As of now we have 4 men and 4 women ( 2 don't ski) for the week plus the possibility of a local family of 4 for the first 2 nights only.

hydroguy2 01-09-2015 09:06 AM

Wish I could make time/money for it. I don't ski or snowboard enough anymore. The pic on the Front page was taken at Whitefish Mountain where we spent 3 days with the kids and grandkids. GREAT family and friends fun time.

Enjoy your week.

gtmule 01-10-2015 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAMPSguy (Post 948554)
I will be there again in spirit. We are gearing up for 3 weeks in Roswell, NM. If anyone is going to be out that way, stop for a day and Ill give you a guided tour of the T-6B!

There is a 3 year rotation, so I should be cleared to join for the next two years!

Ski Safe and post pics!

I'll be on a work trip to Kirtland/KABQ that weekend if USAF can get their act together. Unfortunately my employer will not let me take my RV, even at my expense.

I can fix USAF's Pavehawk fleet but not fly my simple little airplane to do it...

Darin Watson 01-10-2015 11:32 PM

OK

Thanks for the clarification John.

bsmichael 01-20-2015 07:24 AM

Trip Update

Posting an update on John Morgan's behalf. Looks like too much fun is being had out in Colorado!

JDanno 01-21-2015 09:44 AM

Where are they skiing? Do you know? Snow looks good! I'm asking because we are headed out that way in a month.