What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition training with David Maib

jtrollin

Well Known Member
So this weekend I flew down to Orlando to do my transition training with David Maib. I can't say enough good things about David or his plane. New Smyrna Beach is a great place to do the training as well. I spend a total of 7 hours in the air with David and 2.5 on the ground. We accomplished 32 landings at multiple controlled and uncontrolled airports as well as a low approach over the runway for the shuttle program at Cape Canaveral.

David has a comprehensive syllabus he uses, but it's not like he is just checking off boxes during the flight, he really works to ensure you understand the flight characteristics of the aircraft and what to look out for on the first and ever other flight with your 10.

Anyone looking for some good transition training in a great location with a really nice plane (it even has air conditioning which is great in FL) send me an email or PM and I will get you his contact information.

David Maib - Excellent Help

+1, although I didn't take transition training I also spent time with David Maib over the last few days, as a Texas Transient troubleshooting a starting circuit anomaly. I can't overemphasize how David is an outstanding ambassador for GA, will help (along with many other pilots and builders at KEVB) a stranger in need, and has a calm and enthusiastic personality.

Carl

+1

Another vote for David -- can't say enough! If you're on the East Coast and are looking for RV-10 transition training, I highly recommend you give him a shout.

Great experience

I did my transition training first week of March, and I absolutely can second all above. David a a great person and after 36 landings in also very gusty conditions I feel comfortable sitting in my own -10 getting ready for the first flight. David is very flexible to add to the training syllabus we put sessions in for our small airfields circuits and short runways as well as soft fields. I have a bunch of goPro videos including high power stalls from the rear pax seat, very impressive. I'll see if I find time in the next days to post them here.

I can highly recommend David and NSB.

Regards
Michael

Back