VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV-10 (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   First Flight N242BD (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=83233)

N427EF 02-28-2012 08:32 PM

Great accomlishment!

Congratulations Bryan,

completing and flying your own airplane is a major accomlishment indeed.

Aerosport1 02-28-2012 09:18 PM

Congrats Bryan and the
grin begins. We need pictures of that RV Grin

Geoff

ScottSchmidt 02-28-2012 09:32 PM

Congratulations

Great to hear that Bryan. Look forward to seeing you fly down and see us sometime.

NickAir 02-29-2012 01:05 AM

Congrats Bryan. Bet you still have your RV grin.

Wayne Gillispie 02-29-2012 05:22 AM

Great job

Run it hard! Wait until you get some pants on, then you will really like those numbers. It is a fun time trying to slow it down coming into the pattern...start way out. Enjoy, be safe and look forward to meeting you at a gathering someday.

TS Flightlines 02-29-2012 05:23 AM

Fantastic Bryan!! I know you'll enjoy your 10! Hope to see it one day.
Tom

douglassmt 02-29-2012 08:52 AM

Thanks all

Thanks all for the kind words. You can count on seeing me at as many places and gatherings as I can get to. A friend of mine says he's at the stage of life where he is "selling stock and buying jet fuel" (he has a Falcon). I can now relate - and join in - although I'll be buying a lot fewer pounds than he is thanks to the efficiency of the RV.

One of the neatest things about the first flight was how much of my training with the famous Mike Seager came back, even though it had been 5 months, and I hadn't done much flying of anything in the meantime. It was all very comfortable flying and landing. Thanks to Mike for the great training - I'll be back for refresher training soon. I'd recommend it to everyone.

ppilotmike 02-29-2012 10:17 AM

Congrats!

Now... pics and video please!

douglassmt 02-29-2012 10:25 AM

Video

I got the whole flight on a HD 170 Stealth cockpit cam, looking over my shoulder with a view of the panel and out the windscreen, but I am officially ignorant of how to edit/condense it to a usable size. If anyone can tell me the easiest program to use for editing these .mov files, I would appreciate it. I did the whole flight on the sly (didn't even tell the wife so she didn't worry her pretty little head) so I didn't have anyone set up to video from the ground or a chase plane. I'll get some plane pics soon and put them up and if I can get the video edited, I'll put that up too.

MrMoisture 02-29-2012 01:28 PM

Great news Brian.
re: editing I use Power Director and Adobe Premier Pro CS5 but they are both paid programs. I once liked Windows Movie Maker for fast & easy (free) editing but MS moved over to Windows Movie Maker Live which has lost a lot of functionality (still free). That being said it's relatively easy to use for basic stuff and as I recall easy to upload to YouTube.
Good luck,
Robin