What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Badger Bus Beater.....

petehowell

Well Known Member
Ryan came home this weekend from UW-Madison to interview for a summer internship and to take photos for the "Big Border Battle" between his 8-2 Badgers and the 8-2 upstart U of M Gophers for one of school papers.

The trip home was on the always "interesting" Megabus trailways - it is 5+ hours of boredom with 60 strangers who you may not like - but it is cheap and gets the job done.

Ryan said the interview went well on Friday and on Saturday, his Badgers spanked the Gophers and now hope to crack the BCS for an at large bowl bid - he got a few good pics, too:

IMG_1071.JPG

We woke up Sunday morning and the weather was clear and cold(-14C at 7500!), but I told him I could get him back to Madison in 75 min and the scenery would be much better. He was thought that was a good idea....... and manned the camera while I flew:

Frozen tundra near Lacrosse

IMG_20131124_100329777.jpg

Cool lighting over the Mississippi

IMG_20131124_100659555_HDR.jpg

Approaching Madison from the west - KMSN to the left....

IMG_20131124_105613625_HDR.jpg

Grabbed the car from Wisconsin Aviation (great people!), picked up Ryan's twin sister Megan, bought them subs for lunch, then jumped back in the plane for the trip back. Not as cheap as Megabus, but a whole lot faster and way more fun!!

Wheels up at 9:45 and back home by 2:30 with lunch tossed in. Not a bad day at all!

Sounds like a great trip Pete - nice pics too! I have one neice who went to Madison, another who is now at U of M - the smack talk on their facebook pages was pretty funny yesterday!

I graduated from UW Engineering School in 1983. I love my Badgers plus I got a great education there. My education has stood the test of time.

Your son chose wisely although Gopherville is a pretty good school too.

On Wisconsin!

Ryan is studying Comp Sci and so far it looks like a good choice for securing employment - I'll have to say I like it b/c we get in state tuition and the airport situation could not be any nicer for visiting.

He tells me when he takes a few hours off from studying, the football games at Camp Randall can be a little bit of fun, too.........

I graduated from UW Engineering School in 1983. I love my Badgers plus I got a great education there. My education has stood the test of time.

Your son chose wisely although Gopherville is a pretty good school too.

Hey!

Looks like google ate our pictures - I will fix when I get home......

Update- fixed it on my phone...,

Last edited:
Back