What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

fuel sender questions for EFIS

bird

Well Known Member
My 8 has vans capacitive plates installed. I need some type sender (signal converter) to connect them to my iefis. The mgl efis needs 0-5 v input. I don't know what kind or where to get what I need. Anyone know how to contact Princeton to ask them if they can provide what I need. Also maybe dynon? Any info would appreciated.

Thanks
Bird

Princeton is the way to go... Yes they can do!

Todd Stehouwer
Princeton Electronics, Inc.
3133 Madison Ave SE
Wyoming, MI 49548
PH 616 243-8800
FX 616 245-7707

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!! Do I need to go through advanced flight systems to get this?
I can't seem to find a contact number for Princeton. If anyone knows how to contact them let me know.

Thanks and happy flying
Bird

Hi Bird.

I have a Voyager G2 in my 8 with the Vans plates and successfully use the Dynon senders. Email / pm me off list if you need more information.

I have an extra Dynon Converter if needed, The leads were cut pretty short but new wire can always be soldered on.

let me know if your interested

I bought Dynon

units for my plate system in the RV-8A and they work great with my Odyssey MGL EFIS. Very accurate, even when the tanks get really low. I would recommend them. Best regards, Bill RV-8a Bluebird 104 hrs

Thanks guys, Brantel, I overlooked your info, thought it was part of your signature,,,,duh, I got it now. Thanks again everyone. One more question,,,,do I need to calibrate at level attitude?

Bird

Last edited:
Hi Tim

I checked the sender output value (shown on fuel set up page when you calibrate) in tail down/up for first fuel figure and as they were the same I did the rest of the calibration tail down. Nothing to suggest so far it made any difference (85 hrs). Calibrated my home made dip tube at same time and the two are very close pre-flight.

Back