What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap Hinge Bracket Assembly Question

RV6-KPTW

Well Known Member
Gents,

On Section 21 Page 6 Step 5 - hinge bracket assembly

I have read thru these instructions and see in step 5 that an AN4-7 is to be inserted into the ".250" holes. An AN4 - will not fit in this hole without re-sizing. I fear perhaps I missed a step in the instructions (although I did read several times...) or that the part was to be supplied with a .250 hole but wasn't.

Shall I drill it or ream it to .250? Any specific instructions for sizing this hole?

Hardware call-out can be seen on 21-12, figure 3.

Thanks,

The BUSH-BZ .250X.375X.250 shown in Figure 1. to be inserted into each of the flap hinge brackets on the wing should accept the 0.25 AN4-7 bolt. Not there yet on my wings but I think that's the solution. >> stop, looking at wrong bracket!!

Looks like the Figure 3. part call-out W-1025A is actually FL-1007 > I need to go out to the shop and look at this stuff real-time.

My opinion after looking > the hole in the W-1025A is just shy of 0.25 and logically ought to be reamed to fit the 4-7 bolt snuggly. But, would it have been better if the W-1025A parts also had bushings in them as the FL-1007 does for addressing the wear between bearing surfaces of the steel bolt and the W-1025A hinge bracket?
My answer maybe > the bolt doesn't rotate in the W-1025A brackets because they press against the bushing that is inserted into the FL-1007?

Last edited:
Interesting. The holes in my FL-1007 look to be about ~ 5-10 thousands shy of .025. To tight for a snug or slip fit of the AN4 bolt. I will ream!

Back