What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

This is a GREAT RV family

Jeff Vaughan

Well Known Member
My family and I have been vacationing in Mid-coast Maine for the last 25 years. We always drive to our rental house with numerous bikes, Kayaks, and kids. I love Maine but I have always thought that my vacation could always be better if I got some air time and had the opportunity to check out the local area from above. To haul all the stuff I would need a DC-3 or maybe a Cessna Caravan.

About two years ago David Valcik moved his home and RV12 from Eastern Pa where I am located to the Belfast Me area. I contacted David before we left for Me in hopes I could get a ride in his very nice RV12. "Of course" was his quick reply. This year I decided we rented for two weeks so it gave us many days to get a flight in.

Last week David flew to KnoxCty/Rockland KEKD airport, a quick 15 min flight from Belfast, to pick me up. I fly an RV7A and this was mu first flight in a 12. The 12 handles just like and RV!! A joy to fly. David gave me a tour of Acadia National Park, numerous Islands, and a very cool bridge south of Bangor. It was a quick 1.5 hours catching up, discussing Maine and of course everything RV.

Thanks again David for the opportunity to make my vacation complete.
What a Great RV family!!
17pehe.jpg

20feptu.jpg

25ahsgg.jpg

2uppxdg.jpg

28ap5vq.jpg

2qjgbcx.jpg

Great flight along the cost

Jeff, It was good seeing you. I don't need much of a reason to go flying and do the tour flight around Acadia. :)

Hope to see you at our September Fly-in, it looks like there will be a large squadron coming in Thursday or Friday before the Lobster Fly-in on Saturday 17th.

Wow! Flying with the Governor!

That's quite an aerial tour the governor has up there. He and the First Lady are first class hosts. Good to know folks like Dave and the lovely and gracious Peg!

I just might know a bit about the 2 guns on that ship. Always cool to see your day job activities make it more global.

Back