VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   Traditional Aircraft Engines (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Titan specific engine for VANS Aircraft (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=179169)

Jim Ball 01-31-2020 01:25 PM

Titan specific engine for VANS Aircraft
 
The VANS community has many options other than the traditional engines that are offered by VANS. Continental Motors manufactures the Titan engines that have many beneficial features that increase durability and reduce weight. Continental has configured some of the Titan engines with that, dimensionally, are the same as the VANS standards. Information on those is found here;

www.continentalmotors.aero/titan/vans.aspx

The Titan engine can also be built with a variety of upgrades of both performance and modernization. The basic engines at the link are available at very competitive prices. We don't get a lot of traffic on that site so this post is to increase awareness. :)

gfb 01-31-2020 01:45 PM

If folks are on the fence, I'd happily give you a ride in my Titan IO-340 powered 9A. The 340 is a PHENOMENAL engine for the 9, I can't say enough good things about this.

^^not a paid advertisement, just a very happy customer!

Mitch757 01-31-2020 03:00 PM

Are you carbureted or fuel injected in your 9a?

Rick_A 01-31-2020 03:59 PM

Why no X340 or X370 on list
 
Jim,
Why don't you have the X340 or X370 on the pull down list on the Titan/Vans page?

I think you are doing yourself a disservice by not listing them as an option.

pazmanyflyer 01-31-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Ball (Post 1404593)
www.continentalmotors.aero/titan/vans.aspx

The Titan engine can also be built with a variety of upgrades of both performance and modernization.

Jim,
I see no horizontal induction variant on the link provided. Is this only available as an upgrade?

gfb 01-31-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch757 (Post 1404622)
Are you carbureted or fuel injected in your 9a?

Mine is FI, I have the AFP FI system. Vertical induction, dual p-mags, auto plugs.

rag 01-31-2020 04:55 PM

When my O320 powered RV4 was grounded with a cracked engine case, I looked for almost two months for a used replacement. Everything I found at the time was of questionable history (thus requiring a complete tear down/rebuild) or the asking price was near a new engine. I finally upgraded from the O320 to a New Titan O360. Everybody at Continental are great to work with and the pricing was very competitive. 100 hours and I'm a happy camper so far...

ty1295 01-31-2020 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfb (Post 1404599)
If folks are on the fence, I'd happily give you a ride in my Titan IO-340 powered 9A. The 340 is a PHENOMENAL engine for the 9, I can't say enough good things about this.

^^not a paid advertisement, just a very happy customer!

Exact same setup and very happy and everyone that has flown with me tends to comment how nice the engine flys, and looks. It is artwork for sure.

RV7ForMe 02-02-2020 04:05 PM

Hey Jim.

Just my 2 cents...So if I open that website I select my type of AC... RV7a

now it shows me a few 160HP versions... and ONE Carbed vertical 180HP.

So most people building an RV7 are going with Horizontal and FI... both not listed. I am sure you could accommodate it but I think it would help if you had them on the price list... I also agree with Rick about the higher HP versions 370etc...

steve murray 02-03-2020 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Ball (Post 1404593)
The VANS community has many options other than the traditional engines that are offered by VANS. Continental Motors manufactures the Titan engines that have many beneficial features that increase durability and reduce weight. Continental has configured some of the Titan engines with that, dimensionally, are the same as the VANS standards. Information on those is found here;

www.continentalmotors.aero/titan/vans.aspx

The Titan engine can also be built with a variety of upgrades of both performance and modernization. The basic engines at the link are available at very competitive prices. We don't get a lot of traffic on that site so this post is to increase awareness. :)

Shout out to Jim B & Titan for great support on IO540 they built for my RV10. Very accomodating in configuring the exact system I wanted. We had a few bumps but the team worked to make everything right and that means a lot to me. I really liked the 3 hour runtime on their test stand, made me feel more confident in the break in process. Highly recommend these guys. (As an extra benefit, the are in great state of Alabama !!!ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:49 AM.