VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV General Discussion/News (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   a couple printed ideas (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=147771)

Snowflake 07-27-2020 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Melton (Post 1449526)
are any users opting for On Shape CAD software? they seem to be getting good reviews and the team at DarkAero uses them. it's cloud based and everything is automatically backed up and multiple people can work on the same project if desired.

OnShape was designed by the same people who brought you Solidworks. I have only played with it briefly but it appears to be very similar, albeit cloud based and fully integrated with the cloud.

The cost is about the same as SW for each user, ~$2500/year.

Steve Melton 07-27-2020 09:18 AM

response to the Lawyers

OK, here is my response to the AirGizmo Lawyers.

Gail,

RVPlasticParts is a custom 3D printing company. I design and print parts from my basement. We have a limited inventory. In fact our entire inventory of parts exist in 3 small bins. Everything is custom made upon order. The customer inputs the dimensions, color, and feature option in the website and I print. I did not understand that "Panel Dock" was a registered trademark. I have removed the phrase "Panel Dock" from the website, RVPlasticParts | United States
. I do not have any affiliation with China or anyone else and operate from my basement in the United States only. I do not believe I have infringed on any patent rights. If you do, please review our products and make your argument with details know to me.

regards,
Steve Melton

the Lawyer said I would be hearing from him.

my prop should be back in about a week and I can install it and begin to prepare for a flight to Texas for a trial.

Steve Melton 07-28-2020 12:57 PM

Case preparation

I need the case to be very clear in the trial. I looked at the claims made by the Airgizmo patent and compared it to my GPS Dock. I stopped part way thru claim 1. Do you think I have a chance?

all of the RVPlasticParts GPS Docks use this approach except for the 760 GPS Dock that has a slide lever release to the Garmin mount.

RV7A Flyer 07-28-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Melton (Post 1450063)
I need the case to be very clear in the trial. I looked at the claims made by the Airgizmo patent and compared it to my GPS Dock. I stopped part way thru claim 1. Do you think I have a chance?

Sure! Go for it! You don't need any legal representation...I think you've got this in the bag and will win hands-down!

Be sure to keep us up-to-date on how it goes :)

Steve Melton 07-28-2020 01:19 PM

a guy should be able to represent himself, right? I just need to get into the process to see how it works.

you know, this design is so simple and relatively quick, people can design and make their own and probably are already printing these somewhere. my artwork is freely published on this site and once it is made public it cannot be patented and free to use.

Steve Melton 07-28-2020 04:18 PM

some nice stuff

I am especially proud of the ultra smooth shine on those fuel drain fairings!

Steve Melton 07-29-2020 06:54 AM

animals

weird things are happening. I walked out to my car this morning and a mother deer was standing beside my mailbox. I stopped about 10 ft away and held out my empty hand and she walked over to me and we looked at each other for about a minute within a one foot range. she was quite beautiful with big eyes and her nose was wet. she had no fear.

Vlad 07-29-2020 07:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Melton (Post 1450250)
weird things are happening. I walked out to my car this morning and a mother deer was standing beside my mailbox. I stopped about 10 ft away and held out my empty hand and she walked over to me and we looked at each other for about a minute within a one foot range. she was quite beautiful with big eyes and her nose was wet. she had no fear.

Beautiful! I often get visitors at my airport. Couple days ago an antelope was plucking the weeds by my window. She brought the whole herd next morning woke me up :D

Snowflake 07-29-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Melton (Post 1450250)
she had no fear.

That's probably because she knew she could cause you some serious bodily harm if needed. Deer, as with many wild animals, can be dangerous. Best to let them keep their distance.

Snowflake 07-29-2020 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Melton (Post 1450072)
a guy should be able to represent himself, right? I just need to get into the process to see how it works.

Absolutely someone should be able to represent themselves. Most people learn how it works through law school, or through getting taken to court and thinking they can represent themselves without any experience and losing.

Quote:

you know, this design is so simple and relatively quick, people can design and make their own and probably are already printing these somewhere.
Everything looks obvious once you're looking at a completed design.

Quote:

my artwork is freely published on this site and once it is made public it cannot be patented and free to use.
AirGizmo's artwotk is published as well, but it's also patented. You will have to show that your artwork predates theirs, and/or doesn't infringe on theirs. It doesn't matter that you developed it without looking at theirs. You almost certainly knew that AirGizmo Panel Docks(tm) were a thing before you started.