What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N100WL is a flying airplane

RV8RIVETER

Well Known Member
Patron
Yesterday, our -8 project of 14 years and 6 months finally released it's earthbound shackles and took flight. Pilot reported it flew great.

Now on to fixing squawks and completing phase 1.

Edit: Finally got the video spliced together. http://youtu.be/9HtGi0NzDqU

Last edited:
...carrier qualified????

...man Wade, you NAILED that landing.........on what can only be called a 'challenging' runway & gradient! ( I'd call it akin to a heaving carrier deck!)

I wonder what the notam says when water is gushing out of those 3 huge culverts.....& across the runway!!!! :)

Not me

...man Wade, you NAILED that landing.........on what can only be called a 'challenging' runway & gradient! ( I'd call it akin to a heaving carrier deck!)

I wonder what the notam says when water is gushing out of those 3 huge culverts.....& across the runway!!!! :)

Thanks for the compliment, but I was not flying. Very long story, but at the very last minute (violating every first flight plan , no doubt) a local Reno race pilot and former RV-8 owner, John Hall, climbed in because of the crosswind.

As for the water, you don't ever have to worry no matter how much it rains, because the runway is about 15 ft above it. Of course if you go off the runway there.....you may have other issues.

Last edited:
Back