What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin GSA-28 SB

GSA 28 Service Bulletin

Does anybody know what's going on here? Why replace the entire population for free?

To address issues we identified as contributing to pre-mature failure, we have incorporated hardware changes into the most recent build of these servos. In the case of a premature servo failure, your autopilot would be red X'd, and unavailable to use until you exchanged the servo. This is of course time consuming and inconvenient. The new servo hardware improves long term reliability so you will be less likely to find yourself with an inop autopilot at some point.

If your current servos are working just fine, there is no reason to act immediately. Sometime over the next 5 years, you can plan the servo replacement around a maintenance interval. Give us a call a few weeks ahead of time, and we will send you replacement servos for your aircraft.

More info can be found here.

Thanks,

Justin

Well it sounds like there's little 'safety of flight' issue, at least in the short term. If that's correct, I commend you guys for going a bit over the top with this. Much appreciated!
I'll pull mine at the next annual
Thanks again!

To address issues we identified as contributing to pre-mature failure, we have incorporated hardware changes into the most recent build of these servos. In the case of a premature servo failure, your autopilot would be red X'd, and unavailable to use until you exchanged the servo. This is of course time consuming and inconvenient. The new servo hardware improves long term reliability so you will be less likely to find yourself with an inop autopilot at some point.

If your current servos are working just fine, there is no reason to act immediately. Sometime over the next 5 years, you can plan the servo replacement around a maintenance interval. Give us a call a few weeks ahead of time, and we will send you replacement servos for your aircraft.

More info can be found here.

Thanks,

Justin

Justin,

I went to my aircraft today, booted up my G3X Touch to retrieve the Roll
and Pitch servo serial numbers. I then went to the list Garmin provided on the website. My serial numbers are no where near what’s posted for certified or non-certified aircraft.

It appears all the posted serial numbers start with “6N”. My 2018, Sling 2, servo serial numbers start with “2PG”. So, am I lucky or what?

John

Back