What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Types of Cleco's

J_Long

Patron
-a new "Thumb Cleco"?
(or "Finger Cleco", "Tool-less Cleco", or "Light Spring Cleco"?)

Where I work there are way too many different types of clecos. Fortunately so far I've managed to only feel the need for using the very basic spring clecos on my build, but recently a different type of cleco showed up and I'm thinking maybe it'd be a useful type to have a few of around, if the price is right? It's a light spring thumb operated cleco, perhaps only good where light clamping action is needed... -but I can't find the source anywhere. Asking one of our shop mechanics where ours came from led to his supervisor and after some checking he mysteriously said he "can't find his contact", but said they were previously used in a composites shop... anybody have any idea where these are coming from? (picture below) I'd temporarily borrow some of ours (planning to be finished in a couple years) but we only have 5/32, not the 3/32 & 1/8 that are so common on our planes.

Attachments

• Thumb-Cleco.jpg
    Thumb-Cleco.jpg
    739.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
MO Type Manual Temporary Fasteners

That's great, thanks Bob! -I must have been having trouble finding those because I probably kept using the term "cleco" instead of "temporary fasteners" in my searches (novice mistake), must be like zerox is to copy machines... but wow they're expensive at $5/ea. I thought for sure that price must be for a 5-pack or something but apparently not. Thanks again, glad to finally have resolution to my search, and I learned to expand my definition of clecos.

Back