What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tracy Saylor

petercavallo

Well Known Member
What a wonderful guy and amazing RV expert , he helpe many of us make much better planes . Miss this good friend and amazing craftsman

Peter Cavallo
RV 6.2

I missed this sad news in July. I first met Tracy Saylor at Sun’n Fun around 1993. He was a class act.
Tailwinds, my friend.

Haven't seen Tracy since the time we dropped in on him at Independence on our way to Arlington. Sorry he's gone. I saw 230mph over Lake Casitas in level flight in his 6. He was a guru of RV speed. As has been mentioned, a craftsman. He did beautiful work. He inspired me to build a better airplane. Mine will never be as fast as his was, though.

Ed Holyoke

Bummer

I hadn't heard Tracy had passed. I'm sorry to hear that. Super nice guy. He was flying out of Santa Paula when I was building my RV in the late 90's.

I still have his fiberglass gear leg fairing on my RV-6. His were the first to market. He was ahead of his time.

I also got to fly next to his RV-6 and had a drag race. NO contest. Walked away like I had a boat anchor dragging. That thing was fast.

Blue skies Tracy!

The name Ted Saylor has been ringing in my head. I sold him a plenum a while back and found his correspondence today. A fine gentleman, sent a nice note with his order. I never heard about the installation.

RIP Ted , you represent the sport well.

Back