VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV General Discussion/News (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   a couple printed ideas (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=147771)

Steve Melton 06-17-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad (Post 1353567)
Another idea for you Steve. I was removing a steam gyro the other day. Had a blank with me but forgot screws and nuts. Can you design a snap on blanks both in 3 1/8 and 2 1/4?

yes, I'll do that

Steve Melton 06-17-2019 08:57 PM

there you go

quick and dirty. may need a slight adjustment but that's a concept.

some adjustments made. take a look at the finished part tomorrow.

ALagonia 06-17-2019 09:33 PM

A suggestion. How about a holder for the battery pack of my Bose headsets? Something my battery pack can slip into and that I can mount with maybe Velcro on my side panel.

Steve Melton 06-17-2019 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALagonia (Post 1353605)
A suggestion. How about a holder for the battery pack of my Bose headsets? Something my battery pack can slip into and that I can mount with maybe Velcro on my side panel.

are there any part dimension avail? having the design space is usually the biggest hurdle.

ALagonia 06-17-2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Melton (Post 1353606)
are there any part dimension avail? having the design space is usually the biggest hurdle.

Probably not but I will check. I was thinking of something akin to a cradle like what you can put a mobile phone in for the car. Open faced so access to the on/off button and volume controls is easy.

Steve Melton 06-17-2019 10:09 PM

appreciate the request, but to have a nested fit I would need the design space. We don't have access to that at this time.

ALagonia 06-17-2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Melton (Post 1353612)
appreciate the request, but to have a nested fit I would need the design space. We don't have access to that at this time.

Understand. Thanks

Steve Melton 06-18-2019 05:48 AM

panel hole cover - snap in

the result was not too bad for the first print overnight. the front surface could be smoother. the camera picks up every detail. I like setting records so I'll have Amanda ship it to you today. you install and fly in quick fashion. that would be "from thought to design, shipped, delivered and flying part in a couple of days".

Snowflake 06-18-2019 08:30 AM

Steve, if you made the locking tabs end flush with the front surface, you could print the whole thing face down with no supports. Front surface would be as smooth as your bed, and text could still be included. You'd need to use a fingernail to unlock the locks, but this probably isn't something that will be removed and installed frequently anyway...

Vlad 06-20-2019 06:29 PM

Steve the mailman brought the cover today. Fits like a glove thank you very much! It's a record indeed. In less then two days from the design to manufacturing to flight testing. :D

Those bug covers came handy too.