VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV General Discussion/News (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   a couple printed ideas (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=147771)

Steve Melton 09-03-2018 08:49 AM

yeah, probably better to build up the wiring and d-sub independently and then attach the d-sub support as the last step. I moved the d-sub to fwd side. This should make the assembly easier.

Steve Melton 09-03-2018 09:02 AM

vertical orientation

this lights plastic nut spacing on the back separates these lights slightly but still looks good.

Steve Melton 09-03-2018 08:59 PM

vertical orientation

vertical orientation, d-sub support with connectors

Steve Melton 09-05-2018 04:51 PM

vertical orientation

vertical orientation, .1 inch offset. spacing required between lights for fit of backside light nut. still looks good.

Steve Melton 09-09-2018 01:37 PM

with connectors

added connectors with fasteners. d-sub support, added 0.2 inch spacing from connector to lights to increase wiring spacing. Amanda will send updated d-sub support for those that have already ordered.

Steve Melton 09-09-2018 09:20 PM

rudder pedal extension - vibration damper

installed the rudder pedal extension with vibration damper to right hand side. my initial barefoot thoughts are that I feel the ridge created by the damper under my foot where the flat surface feels better on the left hand side. the vibration damper adds .25 inch of length so it also feels closer. I must be sensitive to my foot placement because I like it always to feel just right. my pedal length is .52 inch extension from the bar. my pedals are angled further aft of bar than most, everyone has a different leg to pedal geometry. anyway, the removed pedal extension looked good, no signs of wear, it was tight when removed even with the clamping fasteners removed, original condition, about 100 hrs of use. I reused the attaching hardware, also no signs of wear, original condition. I haven't flow with this yet. I'll report after 10 hrs or so.

Steve Melton 09-23-2018 09:21 AM

I like this vibration damper more than I expected. I didn't trap it in the groove to understand which direction it would migrate out. It migrates out of the slot with my foot motion towards the outboard rudder pedal edges. I added a stop at the outboard edge to trap it.

Steve Melton 10-02-2018 08:22 PM

headset roll bar mount

Amanda and I are kicking around a headset roll bar mount from an email request she received. trying something new to see if it works.

proto1

proto2

Steve Melton 10-06-2018 10:15 AM

single hook headset mount

perhaps a single?

Steve Melton 10-06-2018 01:15 PM

Leatherman mount

thinking about a Leatherman mount. someone requested it. I used to carry one but it was too big for my pocket and I leave it out but miss it. thinking of velco attach to the side in a vertical orientation.