VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV General Discussion/News (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   a couple printed ideas (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=147771)

Steve Melton 08-31-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlrai (Post 1370635)
I was thinking about my own set up which has the rail screwed in the center support of my slider which now reminds me that the position of the mount would have to be forward to clear the baggage compartment when slid back.
Also, how about reverse engineering the gopro mount itself and incorporate into the Koger fitting.
Happy to send you a mount if you're interested in pursuing.
Again, this all may be half baked until I get back into my RV-9A and confirm all the things I think will work.
On vacation on the beach in Florida. Keeping fingers crossed Dorian stays well east of the mouth of Tampa Bay. Will get my hands on my GoPros and post dimensions and a crude sketch of what I'm thinking about.

happy to take a look. what about velcro'ng to the camera directly and to the Kroger mirror mount. reverse the mount in the rail to achieve desired angle? that would be the lightest setup. may also be good for training to view inside the cockpit.

Steve Melton 09-04-2019 09:39 PM

black Kroger mirror mount

they don't look bad in black

this machine never gets old to me. it's great!

Steve Melton 09-08-2019 10:47 AM

Bose control mount

Old style Bose AHX control mount concept for my hangar neighbor.

A20 style Bose controller concept.

Steve Melton 09-10-2019 06:07 PM

Final Bose control mounts

UV resistant ASA plastic with a .105 inch thick base.

A20

AHX

pre-spaced undrilled holes, if needed, 0.5 inch spacing. my neighbor has both of these controllers and uses clamps on the backside to mount to GlaStar fuselage tubing.

Snowflake 09-11-2019 08:42 AM

This is a great idea. I should make one for my Lightspeed Zulu controller.

Have you thought about a way to retain the controller during unusual attitudes?

ALagonia 09-11-2019 08:59 AM

I have an A20 and the older I believe X20 Bose headsets. How much for one of your holders for each of my headsets?

Steve Melton 09-11-2019 08:07 PM

AHX

Aerobatics approved.

Snowflake 09-12-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Melton (Post 1373089)
AHX

Aerobatics approved.

Neat! Is that just a friction fit, or do you key into a feature on the control unit to lock it there?

Steve Melton 09-12-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowflake (Post 1373156)
Neat! Is that just a friction fit, or do you key into a feature on the control unit to lock it there?

The AHX control module is a tube shape so light friction on the side will keep in in place when turned upside down. The A20 control module is more of a wedge shape and is not held by friction. It just makes very light contact with the edges and will release when turned upside down. The clearance on the side of the A20 is for a press volume control button.

A20

FlyingBanker 09-13-2019 09:19 AM

Steve, are these A20 holders available for sale? I don't see them on your website.