What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagle's Nest Award!

videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
Eagle's Nest has had a great couple of weeks! The best was last night. We keep EN-1 at OVO, and last night, OVO was awarded the coveted Indiana Airport of the Year award. Principle reason given was their "outstanding community outreach" in providing support for the Eagle's Nest Projects One and Two. As part of the award, ENP was given $1000 by the Indiana Aviation Association.

It was great to get to address about 200 aviation professionals at the banquet last night. It is further evidence that these projects are being accepted by a wider audience all the time. One of the EN-1 builders was there, along with a mentor. It was a very special evening.

Other great events in the past two weeks included getting EN-1 back together after repainting the fiberglass, getting other significant donations of of money, and the donation of a very nice Navion which we will sell to finance other ENPs. Contact me if you are interested in donating, or in taking this Navion off our hands.

Bob

Bob - this is outstanding news !

First, credit and much thanks go directly to you for your countless hours (and most likely some blood and sweat too).

Great appreciation goes to the entire Eagle's Nest organization.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Congratulations! I saw you guys at OSH and I was so impressed with all involved, especially the kids! This is life changing stuff!

Congratulations!

Indiana's 'Airport of the Year' award is a prestigious award that carries with it significant financial benefits. The competition between Indiana's airports is always hot and heavy, but especially so this year with the winner expected to receive more than a million dollars in additional airport funding.

It's my understanding that it was North Vernon's community outreach programs, Eagle's Nest in particular, that set them apart in the competition. Congratulations to North Vernon Airport for their outstanding achievement... and BIG Thank You for the generous support of Eagle's Nest Projects 1 & 2! ...and another Thank You goes out to the Aviation Association of Indiana for their special recognition of Eagle's Nest Projects and generous donation!

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Back