VAF Forums

VAF Forums (https://vansairforce.net/community/index.php)
-   RV-14 (https://vansairforce.net/community/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   JD Air RV14 latch (https://vansairforce.net/community/showthread.php?t=183660)

RV7Guy 06-15-2020 04:37 PM

JD Air RV14 latch
 
For all of you RV14 builders with intentions of using the Classic Aero interior, the new JD Air canopy latch is ready for immediate shipping. I have them in both Red anodized and natural aluminum.

Luke has assured RV 14 builders that the new panels are in the works and should be available soon. Specifically, you'll have to check with Luke on availability.

There is no difference mechanically between the existing latch and the new latch. The new latch only addresses additional clearance needed for the Classic Interior.

MS19087 06-15-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RV7Guy (Post 1439566)
For all of you RV14 builders with intentions of using the Classic Aero interior, the new JD Air canopy latch is ready for immediate shipping. I have them in both Red anodized and natural aluminum.

Luke has assured RV 14 builders that the new panels are in the works and should be available soon. Specifically, you'll have to check with Luke on availability.

There is no difference mechanically between the existing latch and the new latch. The new latch only addresses additional clearance needed for the Classic Interior.

Hi Darwin. Do you have any photos?
Thanks

sjarrell 06-15-2020 07:36 PM

Waiting patiently, and I'm sure that whatever you and Luke come up with will be the ultimate interior combo for the 14. Thanks to both of you!

RV7Guy 06-16-2020 10:13 AM

email
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MS19087 (Post 1439600)
Hi Darwin. Do you have any photos?
Thanks

Email me and I'll send you pictures. Send email to jdairparts@gmail.com. Also you can look on the website and see pictures of the current latch. There is only one minor difference.

Posting pictures on here is a pain in the butt and I'm not going to pay a hosting site $$ per month to post a few pictures a year. Other options are out there.

sjarrell 06-16-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RV7Guy (Post 1439566)
For all of you RV14 builders with intentions of using the Classic Aero interior, the new JD Air canopy latch is ready for immediate shipping. I have them in both Red anodized and natural aluminum.

Luke has assured RV 14 builders that the new panels are in the works and should be available soon. Specifically, you'll have to check with Luke on availability.

There is no difference mechanically between the existing latch and the new latch. The new latch only addresses additional clearance needed for the Classic Interior.

I know Luke didn't want to commit to a specific timeframe a couple of months ago for having the panel redesign done when he and Darwin agreed to work together on this, but I wonder if anyone has gotten a timeframe commitment since then?

Luke, any update?

Darwin - Thanks for following through and making this happen in a very timely manner! If you'll email me the pictures I'll be glad to post them for you.

Thanks!!

Bigsky pilot 06-16-2020 12:57 PM

Yes ! As a matter of fact, a few months ago, I received a verbal promise from Luke that he would have the JD Air latch pilot side panel ready to ship by end of July 2020.
I also spoke with Jeremiah yesterday on the matter and he confirmed that they are working on it as we speak! He expects that it will be pretty much on time....

Great news after waiting for over a year but will be well worth the wait! A great combination of quality designs finally coming together!

Cheers to Darwin and Luke!

sjarrell 06-16-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigsky pilot (Post 1439814)
Yes ! As a matter of fact, a few months ago, I received a verbal promise from Luke that he would have the JD Air latch pilot side panel ready to ship by end of July 2020.
I also spoke with Jeremiah yesterday on the matter and he confirmed that they are working on it as we speak! He expects that it will be pretty much on time....

Great news after waiting for over a year but will be well worth the wait! A great combination of quality designs finally coming together!

Cheers to Darwin and Luke!

That is GREAT news! Very glad to hear it. Thanks for the update!

sjarrell 06-16-2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RV7Guy (Post 1439766)
Email me and I'll send you pictures. Send email to jdairparts@gmail.com. Also you can look on the website and see pictures of the current latch. There is only one minor difference.

Posting pictures on here is a pain in the butt and I'm not going to pay a hosting site $$ per month to post a few pictures a year. Other options are out there.

Darwin emailed me pictures of the new latch for the Classic Aero side panel. They are shown below:




Stockmanreef 06-16-2020 04:56 PM

this latch so nice. I love the open close action. Very smooth. I am glad I changed out from stock latch.

HAL Pilot 06-21-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stockmanreef (Post 1439863)
this latch so nice. I love the open close action. Very smooth. I am glad I changed out from stock latch.

Aloha Ken

I have been told that the latch sticks out a bit in the back due to the fuselage having a slight curve. JD tells me that once its mounted up the stiffener will "straighten" that piece of skin out a bit and its not an issue. Do you have any installed photos you can post?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:36 AM.