What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Propeller Party

Vlad

Well Known Member
My good buddy Mark built a show plane. Once in a while during last couple years I visit his hangar to pick his brains. He didn't charge me yet so I kept coming :D They have very active EAA Chapter and do some incredible things at KPTW.

This time Mark changed his propeller and invited everybody for a party. Weather was not cooperating so I saddled my yellow pony and departed.

To find Mark's place is really easy. You drive two something hours until you see two large chimneys, then turn left and airport is right there.

chimneys.jpg

Today's preferred transportation. Please note RV related plates.

modeoftransportation.jpg

Honestly, I don't feel comfortable anymore to snap pictures left and right. May be I am growing old and start to remember ethics lecture from high school. Anyway after very warm welcome we stepped to Dave's hangar to see his extremely fast progress on RV-12.

DSC_0004.jpg

No priming???? Please somebody say something about salty environment of PA. :)

DSC_0003.jpg

... and I am telling you this thing will fly next spring... because I already have this and that and engine and glass and.... I forgot there was something else very important. Dave if you are reading this please remind. :) I love good planning.

DSC_0005.jpg

Time for party. Have you ever seen RV napkins? Here they are. Only in PA.

napkins.jpg

There were some adult beverages too but nobody consumed them :eek:
Chef serving.

DSC_0006.jpg

They have very good knowledgeable crowd lots of RV builders and several show planes there. Time to think about RV fly in guys.

Markshangar.jpg

Mark what is this for?

tiedown.jpg

and who is this?

DSC_0016.jpg

Great looking propeller. Excellent reason for a party.

prop2.jpg

Mark when is the next meet? I will fly in could you please take a look at my intercom wire? :D

Too funny!

Hey vlad ... Thanks for documenting the gathering! Before I get run off of this site I should clarify that clearly a woman was involved in the planning of this event . . . Balloons, printed napkins, table cloths!!!

Anyway EAA1250 meets every Saturday at KPTW. We have an assortment of RV activity as well as a restoration project. All are welcome to visit. Maybe we should plan an RV Fly In lunch next spring.

Vlad - stop by and we will check out the intercom.

Vlad -

Vlad,
The other thing you forgot was paint is scheduled for April 20, 2012. By the way the wings are almost done and working on the light kit this weekend. Bottom line I will be waiting on the next kit to arrive Nov 1. I have a lot of vacation time in Nov and Dec for full time building.

You forgot to mention that you offered to help every weekend to make sure I stay on schedule! Vlad you can take the credit on my build build since you are so generous with your time!

Good seeing you – take care
icon11.gif

Last edited:
Vlad,

You forgot to mention that you offered to help every weekend to make sure I stay on schedule! Vlad you can take the credit on my build build since you are so generous with your time!

Dave it looks like you got me here :D I will bring my hangar partner his skills are superior he also building the 12.

Back