What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The Tailgaters....

petehowell

Well Known Member
Iowa State is 4+ hrs away by car from the homestead in the Twin Cities. We were blessed with great weather in the midwest today, so Andi and I took the 90 min flight to Ames to see college friends and eat good food!

Clear and a million over the heartland - 10kt tail wind, too!
IMG_2129.jpg

The wind farms were harvesting.....
IMG_2133.jpg

We had not seen Tom and Jeanne in years - it was great! That's Diet Coke in my hand.....
IMG_2143.jpg

The Gals had a GREAT time!
IMG_9710.JPG

Time to get back to the airport. If I wanna fly, I gotta pedal first - the airport is about 2 miles away.....
IMG_9715.JPG

Long Horn Planes.......
IMG_2147.jpg

Cyclone Plane!
IMG_2149.jpg

I think we had more fun - even if the 'Horns kicked our corn-fed butts!

What a day! The sunset was amazing on the flight home.....
IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2174.jpg

Even got a Bravo clearance right over downtown Minne!
IMG_2187.jpg

These are amazing travelling machines - keep pounding those rivets....the payoff is worth the effort!

Last edited:
Nice Write Up

Thanks for the write up and the pics. I like the idea of flying to a game... for the day.. Very cool.

Nice write-up, Pete. It might even be one of my favorites since you skipped the sleeping-Andi photos this time. Thank you!

Thanks Pete. This post and dozens before it are great incentive to get my 9A in the air.

Hey Don!

Don,

We're all excited to see what that O-340 will do in the 9A. It should be faster AND more efficient. Best of luck as you finish up!

Your pix

Me too. Thanks for the pix. The aerial shots are amazing. Did you use a filter or something to get that effect?

Picasa!

Me too. Thanks for the pix. The aerial shots are amazing. Did you use a filter or something to get that effect?

Thanks for the kind words! I added a touch of saturation in Picasa, just to pop the color - We had amazing views for about 30 min on the trip home - simply beautiful!

Back