What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Engine Start

Congratulations!!

Mark, congrats on one more item off the ever shrinking punch list:D

A little air in the fuel lines?

Nothing boring about the first run! Or should I say, it should be boring - else expensive.

Last edited:
That's how we do it congratulations Mark! Look for those leaks you don't see them but they are there. :)

Mark,

I know you have AFP injection, can't tell if you have the purge valve.

On start, I get a stumble after light off unless initial prime is perfect. I am still fussing with it after 137 hours. Latest prime is 6-7 seconds and that works well most of the time. There are so many variables, like throttle position, OAT, etc.

I believe the issue is AFP controller finding its brain re air/fuel mixture and flow. Once it gets it's act together engine runs smooth until shut down.

Mark,

I know you have AFP injection, can't tell if you have the purge valve.

On start, I get a stumble after light off unless initial prime is perfect. I am still fussing with it after 137 hours. Latest prime is 6-7 seconds and that works well most of the time. There are so many variables, like throttle position, OAT, etc.

I believe the issue is AFP controller finding its brain re air/fuel mixture and flow. Once it gets it's act together engine runs smooth until shut down.

Correct. I have the afp fm200a without purge valve. I think i am going to wish I had installed it, but there's always the future. The miss that's audible on the video occurred as I advanced the throttle to bring the rpms up. I had leaned the mixture out pretty aggressively and that might part of it. I need to test the injector fuel flow rates. The system is as Titan installed it. More verification and checking to be done next week

Back